Graduate Data Analyst, Braintree, £20k to £22k plus annual bonus and benefits
Do you want to work in a growing sector that is about to embark on its most significant change in over twenty years? Have you the skills and attributes to embrace change and develop new ideas?
With over 10 million gas and electricity meters deployed, our client, Macquarie Energy Resources and Sustainability (MERS) is a market leader in the meter asset provision sector in the UK. We are the largest independent owner and manager of gas and electricity meters in the UK, including the largest portfolio of 'smart' meters.
Based in the Braintree office, we are looking for a motivated, highly numerate individual to join the Data Management team. You will support the maintenance of databases that enable accurate tracking and monitoring of meter assets. Your role will include:
- Extracting, analysing and reporting on data samples using excel spreadsheets and Melodi our bespoke IT system
- Running reports, checking for errors and explaining issues/trends
- Responding to requests for data and providing supporting information to both internal and external customers
- Looking for ways to continuously improve the way we manage data
- Ensuring that data integrity is effectively managed and that the data we hold is secure
We are looking for a motivated individual with a degree or equivalent in Economics, Maths, statistics or a related discipline. In addition you will have:
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Access and intermediate Excel skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills to spot trends/ errors and highlight/rectify
- The ability to translate data into useful business information
- Good organisational skills to enable you to prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
- A desire to learn and develop in the role
Specific energy industry experience is desirable but not essential as full on job training and support will be provided.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV.