Trant Engineering Ltd has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully deliver complex turnkey engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering. We have over 800 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of £180m this year, it is an exciting time to join the business.
We have an immediate requirement to appoint a Health & Safety Advisor to join a Civil Engineering site in Keadby near Scunthorpe. This is a flood protection scheme at a National Grid substation and applicants will need to have a background in both civil engineering and working on National Grid projects. The role reports to the SHEQ Manager and involves working closely with the Contracts Manager and site team. We are open to receiving applications from individuals seeking either permanent employment or contract work.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
· To assist with the implementation, development and improvement of the Company Management System relating to Health & Safety
· To advise and guide all individuals working on projects with regards to the implementation of the Health & Safety policies and procedures
· To work with all staff to ensure risk assessments are prepared and reviewed as necessary and assist with their preparation if necessary
· Support the Managers/Directors in the production, review and implementation of the relevant Project Management Plans and relevant Health & Safety documentation
· Ensure that monthly site Health & Safety inspections are made
· To liaise with client representatives in relation to Health & Safety management of sites
Background within Civil Engineering is essential
A history of working on National Grid projects
National Grid Persons
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, sex, disability or age
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually...... click apply for full job details