A unique opportunity to join a company who have been established over 50 years. They are offering a permanent role to a 1st class Plumbing and Heating Engineer to join their professional team.
Your main responsibility will be to diagnose, repair and service gas central heating systems. Your working day will be spent entirely out in the field and you will work in domestic and commercial based properties.
General Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out gas related activities (servicing, breakdown, parts etc.) in tenanted and privately owned properties.
- Conducting fault finding on a range of boiler and central heating systems.
- Ensuring that completed works are updated on Company software.
- Keeping up to date with training such as working at heights, manual handling, asbestos and working in confined spaces.
- Managing situations using your initiative whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer service.
- Supporting colleagues (including apprentices) as and when required.
In addition to the above, you will be required to join a weekly rota to undertake standby services for out of hours works.
The successful candidate will hold CCN1, CEN1, WAT1 and CPA1 qualifications and have experience working with unvented hot water, commission and installations. Electrical qualifications/experience or experience as a commercial engineer would be advantageous.
This role would suit someone who has worked in a similar industry/role and is seeking a new challenge.
Essential Skills required:
- Minimum NVQ Level 2(City & Guilds or equivalent) in a plumbing and/or heating related discipline
- Previous experience within a similar role/industry with plumbing/heating knowledge
- Positive and professional attitude/understanding of Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- First rate customer service skills
- Good IT skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Positive with an enthusiastic, can-do attitude to work
Benefits include a Company van, iPad and enrolment into the Company pension scheme
Full Time - Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
If you have the skills and experience for this role as detailed above, please apply here & our client would like to hear from you.
NB. Due to large volumes of applications, they cannot always contact all applicants. If you do not hear from them within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion...... click apply for full job details