Our client is a London-based SME delivering mechanical and electrical services for both the public and private sector. They provide a variety of services from one-off installations and servicing, to capital investment schemes and planned preventative maintenance programs with an emergency call-out service 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. They are now looking to expand their Domestic team by hiring a Heating Engineer to deliver exceptional workmanship across the London borough contracts
- Diagnosing faults and replacement of central heating components in domestic properties, served by a communal system.
- Conform to relevant technical standards, follow technical drawings and plans to effectively carry out maintenance and improvement works.
- Provide a professional service and represent the company in a way which ensures customer satisfaction.
- Ensure inspections are recorded and faults reported in strict accordance with company, client and regulatory guidelines.
- Complete necessary paperwork to a satisfactory standard.
- Meet customer and contract expectations by carrying out works in a timely manner to a high standard.
- Work in a safe manner, complying with current Health & Safety legislation.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in gas, plumbing and/or mechanical sector is required
- gas certificates/ACS qualified
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Mechanical and electrical components associated with repairs and installation works.
- Knowledge of HASAWA 1974 and working practices in a construction or building services sector. 2 GL/SEP2018/CGEJD
- Thorough knowledge of domestic heating systems. (communal experience desired)
- Able to safely isolate and perform repairs on wet heating systems and controls of.
- Pragmatic, efficient and confident approach to decision-making.
- Translate drawings and schematic diagrams and have a keen eye for detail.
- Being organised, keeping your workplace clean and tidy.
- Able to thoroughly examine and investigate issues that arise in a domestic heating setting, and subsequently complete reports on findings with recommendations to resolve and fix the issue(s).
- Able to learn new processes in a reasonably fast-paced way. Experience
- 5 years or more in the installation, maintenance, repair and removal of domestic heating systems within a multi-occupancy dwelling/domestic setting (desirable but not essential).
- Use of hand threatening tools and work with steel barrel pipe.
- Planning, prioritising, coordinating, multi-tasking and completing work assignments within deadlines in a busy environment
The successful candidate will…
- Be flexible in their work approach to working hours. May be asked to work outside of normal working hours as and when required for the company to meet its commitments to its contracts. This may be the participation in an 'out of hours' call out rota.
- Be fluent in English
For more information please contact Myles Hooban on or by email, ...... click apply for full job details