Our client is a global technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. They offer products, systems & solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century. With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to making energy more accessible, affordable & sustainable for millions of people globally.
Reporting into to the UK & Ireland Service Manager, you will primarily be working at the IFA2 HVDC Converter Station and occasionally other customer sites throughout the UK.
Duties will include supporting new and existing service and maintenance projects for the IFA2 HVDC system alongside acting as HV Authorised Person for service activies across the site. You will work closely with the existing Service Team to gain the competencies to provide 1st & 2nd line support for the IFA2. This support will require 24/7 on-call with fast response time to site. Flexible working hours will also be required for significant maintenance tasks on an impromptu basis as required. There will also be the chance to perform commissioning activities as and when required by the needs of the business.
- To deliver maintenance & repair services to IFA2. The principal objectives of this are as follows:
- Deliver exceptionally high availability to the entire IFA2 system.
- Deliver safety from the system activities at IFA2 and control / perform work activities on electrical, mechanical, and low voltage systems.
- Maintain the value and maximize the design life of the system.
- Maintain Maintenance Management System, complete all customer fault reports & commissioning documentation where required in a timely manner.
- Maintain the strong relationship with this valued customer.
- To provide a safe working environment for all site employees & mitigate the risks.
- Ensure ethical behavior in line with code of conduct.
- Manage the environmental risks associated with the business unit.
- Create the environment that allows all employees to develop and succeed
- HNC or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline.evious demonstrable experience providing safety from the system and safe systems of work.
- Electrician with 5+ years' experience in HV power systems.
- HV (>132kV) substation experience (Other High Voltage ranges considered).
- Maintenance experience with items of High Voltage equipment relevant to HVDC including UPS systems, Battery Chargers, Air Handling Units, Pumps, PLCs & Generators.
- Required technical skills and commercial acumen with experience in delivering technical reports and fault analysis.
- An ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative whilst promoting good relations and synergy both internally and externally.
- Sound communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to drive to IFA2 HVDC Converter Station within a 60 minute time frame as and when required.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.