Reporting to the HSEQ Manager with the primary aim to monitor and review working conditions, procedures and practices throughout the facility and ensure compliance with legislation, company policy, directives, plant procedure and policies. To monitor, audit and provide safety training to itinerant contractors.
Key Responsibilities include:
Safety Systems Management
* Ensure safe systems of work are in place and that the organisation is trained and competent in its use
* To provide training for itinerant contractors on site safety systems
* To conduct and provide support and guidance in the preparation of risk assessments
* To review and agree method statements for both internal/external contract maintenance
* Produce, review and implement written procedures and safe systems of work
Health and Safety Visibility and Support
* Weekly auditing and surveillance visits of site performance. Advise on this process and put improvement actions in place where appropriate
* Responsible for preparing the weekly safety briefs
* Provide advice / inputs into management groups and workforce as required
* Provide support and guidance in the investigation of accidents / incidents
* Undertake the necessary safety training in areas such as inductions, permit to work, accident / incident, PSI or any other areas in support of the business needs
* Ensure a daily visible presence of Safety department on site
* To provide a monitoring role and to provide advice and guidance to the business unit in order to ensure that safety awareness is a priority
* Establish and maintain records as required e.g. hazards, assessments, surveys etc.
* Ensure safety publicity and safety learning material is effectively communicated
* To audit itinerant contractors to verify compliance with all statutory, corporate and business unit requirements
* To review and continuously monitor regulatory affairs
* Working within management systems accredited to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
a. NEBOSH general certificate and/or fire engineering, emergency response qualification - Essential
b. Extensive Safety experience in the oil & gas industry or other regulated industry - Essential
c. NEBOSH National Diploma or equivalent - Desirable
d. Chartered Safety Practitioner or working towards - Desirable
e. Auditor - Desirable
f. Incident Investigation qualification (Taproot or RCA) or equivalent - Desirable
Our client a UK based refining and marketing company, have interests in a number of facilities in the United Kingdom, employing around 1000 people throughout the UK and over 33000 worldwide. They have had their presence on Teesside for over 30 years, processing and storing crude oil ready for shipment along with being an established supplier of bulk fuels, including LPG, to the commercial, aviation and marine industries.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application...... click apply for full job details