Job Location: Near Sherborne, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 5pm - 2am
Parking: Free parking onsite
Benefits: 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays; Life Insurance; Company pension scheme; Private Medical Healthcare
We are currently working alongside a multisite production / manufacturing facility near Sherborne who are looking to recruit for a HSE Advisor on a Permanent basis. Within this role you will be hands on as well as office based where you will be:
· Carryout, record, communicate and implement workplace risk assessments and produce safe systems of work or assist there with.
· Carryout HSE induction training for new team members and site visitors and assist with the monitoring of existing members.
· Assist with the production and delivery of health, safety and environmental training course
· Assist with the production and delivery of a programme of effective Tool Box Talks on relevant topics considering workplace incidents, observations, changes in work practice and legislation and training requirements
· Arrange external training and prepare materials ready for them.
· Assist with the implementation of training plans.
· Carryout accident, incident and near miss investigations and analysis.Establish root causes and effective PCA's and recommend and monitor measures for continual improvement
· Carryout site inspections, accurately recording observations, near misses and incidents.
· Liaise with the Company's occupational health suppliers and prepare appointments for visits
· Ensure non-employee compliance of site rules, Company procedures and safe working practices.
· Carryout health and safety audits as per our ISO 45001 procedures, raising the necessary reports to a suitable level and assist with the implementation of changes where necessary
· Assist with the preparation and be in attendance for ISO 45001 and 14001 external audits as and when required
· Be proactive in suggesting health and safety initiatives to improve health, safety and well-being on site with a view to reducing accident and incident rates
· Be proactive in suggesting environmental initiatives to improve our environmental impact, reducing our carbon footprint, improving our sustainability and reducing incident rates
· Assist with the planning, implementation and recording of all operational plant and equipment inspections and monitoring under current legislation including but not limited to LOLER, PUWER, Working at Height, Confined Space, Gas Safe and Air and Noise surveys.
· Assist with the management of the Contractor evaluation process, including on site management of contractors in line with legislative requirements, ISO 45001 and best practice
· Carryout site inspections to ensure compliance with legislation, management systems and our company procedures and safe systems of work
· Liaise with the Company's insurance company where necessary.
· Liaise with the HSE and Local Authorities if and when necessary
· Any other adhoc duties to enable the effective running of the department
· Assist the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager and team to ensure that the Company remains up to date with all legislative requirements, updating relevant policies and procedures where necessary and maintaining company compliance
The successful applicant will possess:
· Previous experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- NEBOSH General Certificate as a minimum, diploma preferred
- IOSH or similar
- Experience of management systems to ISO 45001 (or OHSAS 18001), 14001 would be advantageous.
- IEMA or other suitable environmental qualification desirable
- ISO 45001, 14001or similar auditing qualification desirable
· Be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team using own initiative as and when required.
· Have excellent communication and people management skills across all levels both verbal and written
· Be able to organise and plan workload of yourself and others as and when required
In return you will receive:
· Excellent starting salary
· 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
· Company Pension
· Life Insurance
· Private medical insurance after 3 years' service
· Annual discretionary bonus
· Length of service awards
For more information and to apply for this position, please forward your CV or call our Recruitment Team.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.