NES Fircroft currently have an opening for an Indirect Procurement Category lead with a major Oil and Gas Operator in Iraq, on a contract basis.
Experienced procurement professional with hands-on experience of leading and managing a range of indirect procurement categories, including expertise in security, health, environment, and safety expertise.
Procurement professional who can collaborate across a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels in the organisation, navigate complex matrix organisation reporting structure, and influence suppliers and stakeholders alike whilst driving a robust, competitive and compliance sourcing process.
The identified candidate will manage, participate in and lead the development and execution of the sourcing initiatives. Fluent English speaker, fluency in Arabic is preferred but not essential. Prior experience of working in the middle east is advantageous but not essential. This role is a rotational position working a 28/ 28 schedule (currently operating six weeks rotation due to Covid).
The role includes understanding local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Working with the relevant departments and PSCM colleagues in the Oil Organisation to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/category strategies
- Understanding business requirements for third party goods and services;
- Conforming to the highest ethical, health, safety, security and environmental standards through contract and supplier management
- Managing supplier relationships, proactive engagement and involvement;
- Leading the entire sourcing process, which includes the development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution;
- Providing ongoing contract cost management and risk assessment;
- Use of Maximo (for P2P) and Ariba (for sourcing & document management) systems;
- Ensuring the PSCM procurement processes are followed, and all relevant documents (physical/digital) are correctly archived in the designated workspace.
- Coaching and mentoring of less experienced PSCM staff
- Precision influencing and effective communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial acumen
- Relevant experience in Indirect Procurement Category
- Ability to drive compliance, manage complexity and project management
- Robust document management and process compliance management
- Team player, agile and able to support other categories ondemand
- Selfdriven, motivated and energetic seasoned procurement professional
Candidates must have experience working in Iraq.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.