Industrial Plumbing and Heating Apprentice
Are you looking to kick start your career as a heating, ventilation and plumbing engineer? Do you want to work on exciting projects that challenge you daily - and get paid while you do it?
We have exciting opportunities for enthusiastic people to join our Engineering Team in Glasgow. Here you will learn from the industry's best, working on everything from office blocks to nuclear power stations; hospitals to universities; manufacturing facilities to the rail network. No two projects are ever the same.
As a site based apprentice you will:
- Train at one of the top performing colleges or training providers in the country
- Learn about our award winning approach to working safely
- Work indoors, outdoors and occasionally at height
- Be prepared for early starts and travel away from home when necessary
- Develop great working relationships with some of the industry's most talented people
- Have a strong support network giving you the chance to build your confidence and skills
You will learn to:
- Install mechanical services (e.g. heating and chilled systems, fan coil units, radiators, boilers, chilled beams, radiant panels)
- Read and understand engineering drawings for valve set ups and the ways to route pipe
- Inspect and test pneumatic systems (air) and hydraulic systems (water)
- Diagnose and rectify faults on pipework
- Use small hand tools such as pipe slices, pipe cutters etc.
- Operate electrical tools such as Crimpers, pistol drills and SDS Drills etc.
- Install the systems needed for heating and chilled systems (brackets, pipework etc.)
We are looking for people who:
- Are keen to learn
- Share our values of Passion, Integrity and Excellence
- Have excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Love to work with their hands
- Enjoy working in a team
- Can follow instructions and work under pressure
You will attend college to complete the Building Services Engineering Craftsperson Advanced Apprenticeship and regularly attend in house training and development as part of the programme.
To apply, you need:
Grade C/4 or above in GCSE (or equivalent) English Language, Maths and a science based subject, plus 2 other subjects at grade C/4 or above.
NG Bailey is an Equal Opportunities employer and all applicants will receive equal treatment within their application and selection process.
What happens next?
If we like what we see on your application you will be invited to an assessment centre WC 30th March
You may have experience of the following: Heating and Ventilation Advanced Apprenticeship, Heating and Ventilation Apprenticeship, Heating and Ventilation, Heating Engineer, Ventilation, H & V, HVAC, Building, Construction, Apprentice, Trainee Scheme, Training Scheme, Engineering, School Leaver, Apprenticeship, Advanced Apprenticeship, Plumbing, Plumber, Industrial Plumbing, Gas Engineer, Pipe Fitter, STEM, etc