Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a CoLab Manager for a dedicated innovation hub in our Aberdeen office. Wood's CoLab provides a physical space to bring together our partners and leaders within Wood to solve our clients biggest challenges. This is a role supporting the Digital and Technology function within Wood enabling direct client revenue growth on key accounts.
This role brings together our partners and leaders within Wood to solve our clients biggest challenges enabling direct client revenue growth on key accounts.
The Innovation Manager will be obsessed about the customer experience in CoLab - supporting the team around a proven process that provides real impact for the client. Build collaboration and create an environment in CoLab in which people are involved, respected, connected, and encouraged. Grow revenue and expand the footprint in strategic targeted accounts through supporting innovation within the execution of sales programs. Drive a consistent approach on innovation and technology pipeline by directly facilitating CoLab sessions (virtually and physically) with each of our top clients, with input and participation from all stakeholders.
- Promote and position CoLab internally within Wood and also externally with clients - work collaboratively to determine the best combination/course of action for a given opportunity to maximize customer benefit
- Manage our top performing accounts - working directly with our Growth & Development community to identify and target opportunities for CoLab
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in our clients - ensuring a pipeline of activity through both our physical and virtual CoLab
- Own relationships with senior Wood sales, growth, operations and commercial leads across all segments in the business
- Provide leadership to the Digital Factory team of architects enabling a learning environment to keep pace with innovation
- Conduct pre-session research with CoLab stakeholders (Growth & Development, Business Partner/Engagement Lead, Emerging Solns, Innovation) to focus on specific outcomes from workshops directly aligned with client requirements
- Plan and prepare team workshops to engage stakeholders and clients in the art of the possible
- Lead design activities including collaborative design/workshops with internal and external clients - supporting faciliation both physically and virtually in a structured manner.
- Lead challenges on CoLab Online and support business units in set up and execution of online challenges. Provide guidance and mentoring of ideas through CoLab process
- Provide training and mentor personnel within Design Thinking/ Agile Facilitation in CoLab locations. Initial training will be provided to candidate through external provider
- Support development of Wood CoLab playbook to include operational requirements within hubs
- Technical knowledge of the innovation and business creation process, landscape, and market for technology in a discipline related to oil and gas, infrastructure, mining and manufacturing is an advantage
- Ability to work and communicate with a technical project team and to contribute to the management of the project toward commercialization
- History of excellent executive and facilitation skills that are translatable to practical lessons and advice for innovators and entrepreneurs
- Skilled at managing multiple, concurrent projects, meeting deadlines, and attention to detail required
- Support seed funding and external grant development of research proposals around innovation. Focal point for local grant funding applications and local research and innovation centres (e.g. OGTC)
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive experience in a consultancy role (technology related sales, consulting, or senior IT leader)
- Good demonstrated experience in high performing customer facing technical teams to drive impact and influence sales
- Some experience working within innovation facilitation including delivering workshops
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to plan initiatives to drive and achieve promoted targets in terms of client engagement levels and securing direct client revenue
- Have excellent communication skills, actively listen to client needs, and translate this feedback back to product to develop high value solutions
- Ability to deploy various methodologies to lead, faciliate and run problem solving, brain storming, design-thinking and co-creation workshops, lead focus groups and design propositions and solutions (virtually and physically)
- Ability to work cross functionally to drive outcomes that benefit our demand clients
- Team player with a solution focused mentality
- Ability to train, coach and lead development teams ensuring clarity of focus
- Ability to work in an agile manner, embracing and championing change
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.