Senior IT Technician, Tyne and Wear
Salary up to £35,000
We’re helping an incredibly successful, long established global business to find a Senior IT Support Technician who will be based at their North East site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance, development and implementation of Information Technology systems within the business.
Areas of Responsibility:
– Responsible for all IT related functions at the clients site including Computer Network, Servers, Network applications, e-mail, Internet Access, Desktop PCs, laptops, Network and local printers, Copiers, Fax Machines and Projectors.
– Also responsible for the telephone system and programming, building security access system and all associated wiring of the above systems.
– Specify all hardware and some desktop software requirements for the entire site. Approve all billing invoices and write PRs for Telecom and IT related expenditure.
– Maintain hardware inventory.
– Development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with Internal, Corporate and External customers – covering all operations, processing and delivery requirements
– Responsible for the maintenance, improvement and implementation of Information Technology Department and Systems (all voice and data) in support of the business requirements and objectives.
– Ensure compliance with national/international legislation relating to data storage/retrieval and use of Information Technology systems and associated information – includes role of Data Controller for the business under GDPR
– Support and advise Management Team on matters relating to Technology, best practice and legislation
– Continuous improvement of Facility processes and World Class initiatives
– Manage all aspects of IS security that are connected to your position and ensure that business continuity plans are in place.
– Coaching and development of IT Technician
– Ideally an IT related degree or equivalent relevant experience
– Strong network experience in a corporate environment
– Experience in a supervisory role
– ERP system experience
– Fully conversant with networked Microsoft Office applications
– Experience working in manufacturing would be ideal, but not essential
Salary up to £35,000 depending on experience