From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, we have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, Gazprom Energy has become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and we currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to our European headquarters, a base from which we have expanded into France and the Netherlands. Our teams across Europe are united by the shared ethos of being helpful and making life easier for our customers. In 2015 we won the coveted Energy Supplier of the Year award at the Energy Awards 15, as well as achieving Gold standard in people management by Investors in People for the second time running.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other's needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we're committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.ROLE OBJECTIVES
The person in this position is responsible for the support of all workplace devices and services at Gazprom Energy, working as part of the IT Workplace Support Team. The role requires a technical and analytical mindset whilst being service orientated with a business focus.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scanning queues for incoming tickets and providing first time fix where appropriate or taking ownership of issues where this is not possible.
- Manage all incidents through their life cycle with the emphasis on improving service excellence increasing end-user uptime and recurrence prevention whilst SLA's are met.
- Ensure that affected colleagues are kept informed of the progress of their service requests whilst the possibility of automation is explored, and SLA's are met.
- Performing routine health and operational checks on a wide range of workplace IT devices and environments; desktops, laptops, telephony, video conferencing and printers.
- Provide support to business projects and to our Executive members as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to managing relevant software and hardware procurement, deployment, license responsibility and equipment inventory tracking.
- Ensure that relevant documentation (Policy/Process) are followed and created/updated accordingly.
- Participate in associated support activities (e.g. shipping hardware parts to vendors or colleagues, moving and setting up computer equipment).
- Opportunity to play a role within the on-call support rota.
- To be aware of and comply with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Gazprom Energy Data Protection policy, Equal Opportunities policy, and the Email and Internet Acceptable Usage Policy, in addition to Fire and Health and Safety Regulations.
- The role holder may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by their line manager and in line with business needs.
- Ability to set up and configure desktop PC and laptop workstations with required hardware and software;
- Ability to work to SLA's with ticket logging and managing tools;
- Apple / iOS Mobile device configuration and support skills.
- Excellent face-to-face and remote access support skills;
- Good understanding of current legislation and industry standard information security principles
- Excellent personal and team skills;
- Ability to work in a complex organisational structure;
- Experience in working in a 2nd line support environment;
- Experience in the support of Windows 10 and all Office 2016, Office 365 applications;
- Knowledge or experience of Active Directory and Exchange 2013/2016;
- Experience with Microsoft Service Manager or similar ticketing system;
- Knowledge or experience of Systems Centre Configuration Manager;
- Experience with RSA SecurID and Cisco AnyConnect or other Remote access/VPN technologies;
- Knowledge of bespoke line of business applications;
- Experience with Cisco and Skype for Business or other video conferencing equipment;
- Knowledge or experience of PaperCut or similar printing management software;
- Basic desktop PC and laptop repair skills;
- Relevant experience of the trading, financial or energy sector preferred
- Degree level education or relevant experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundation