Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ' Ocado Smart Platform ' which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We're working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
About the role:
We are recruiting for a range of teams all with a focus on our Warehouse Control Systems. All the teams have unique challenges and opportunities to explore new technologies. We will map your skills and interests to what our teams have on offer, and will find the best place for you in our department.
Within our department we have teams working with a range of technologies including Java, SQL, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud Services, Prometheus and Grafana. We deal with complex algorithms and a complicated real-time and business critical domain - the opportunities for learning new things are many and varied.
Our mission is to provide and support the innovative and resilient software solutions that enables Ocado to remain a world leader in online grocery. We believe in the power of agile and focus on delivering value incrementally, using data to constantly collect feedback from our systems to guide our future direction. Our teams operate with the freedom to work as they want and to design and build the best solution to business challenges they can.
- Developing and maintaining software that powers the warehouse as part of an agile team
- Participate in the full delivery lifecycle from prioritisation to technical discovery to value validation (being data driven).
- Investigating and fixing issues that resulted in an escalation to on call support.
- Help to improve the maintainability, security and stability of our systems
- Strong programming skills with an in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills .
- 1st/2.1 Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, another STEM subject, or equivalent industry experience.
- Multiple programming languages.
- Docker, or other container technology.
- Working in a continuous delivery environment (e.g. GitLab CI).
- The challenges of supporting a live production system.
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we've ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave , rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Opportunity to participate in Share save and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
- Recruiter Call
- 1st Stage Technical Interview (1 hour)
- 2nd Stage Interview (4 hours):Pair Programming (2h),Technical Interview (1h), Cultural Fit (1h)