Who We Are
James Fisher and Sons Plc is a leading provider of innovative marine solutions and specialised engineering services worldwide in: oil and gas, nuclear, construction, defence, renewable energy and more.JFD, part of James Fisher & Sons Plc, is now the world leading underwater capability provider, serving the commercial and defence markets with innovative diving, submarine and hyperbaric rescue, technical solutions and services.
The company is at the forefront of Hyperbaric Rescue, along with being the leading supplier of commercial and defence diving equipment and saturation diving systems to the commercial industry. Our diverse range of products meet the challenges of the various diving industries in which our clients operate and we are the largest manufacturer and supplier of professional diving equipment worldwide.
The purpose of this role is to manage and develop the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering capability acting as a technical expert and providing robust leadership to the team. Actively supporting the Projects Engineering Manager in defining and implementing robust engineering processes, sets, systems and improvements across the function. Providing technical input into bid process to evaluate the Naval Architecture and Marine engineering required in both content and complexity. To assess technical ability required to deliver and to appropriately plan the Naval Architecture resource to deliver projects.
Technical Role & Responsibilities:Leading the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Team to deliver high quality design solutions to meet contractual requirements, including Naval and Marine systems from conceptual design through to detailed design, ensuring design functionality, achieving technical integrity, ensuring full compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and advancing the technology within the team and business. Responsible for owning, defining, developing and implementing technical Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering processes and acting as the Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering authority within the function.
- Concept and feasibility design studies.
- Structural design.
- Design integration, coordinating inputs from other engineering disciplines.
- Trim and stability analyses.
- Deck Layouts / Load out plans.
- General arrangements and configuration.
- Review / approval of Naval Architecture deliverables prior to release to client or for manufacture.
- Support the preparation of class submittals.
- Assist in supporting bids when required - estimating materials, labour, sub-contract labour.
- Support the development of standard technical processes and procedures
- Hull form and hydrodynamic performance
- Provide technical leadership to Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering Team.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining and controlling Nav. Arc & Marine Eng. engineering technical documentation and procedures.
- Focused on managing team to deliver to tight deadlines and changing requirements.
- Significant naval architecture and marine engineering design and systems experience.
- Knowledgeable in Naval Architecture standards, practices, and toolsets.
- Ability to apply regulatory body rules (Class Standards, National Standards, IMCA), ship specifications, and other technical guidance to develop conforming designs and modifications to ships and submersible vehicles.
- Experience performing analyses of hull forms with knowledge of stability, hydrodynamic performance and seakeeping predictions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform weight and stability analysis.
- Demonstrable and proven experience.
- MEng, BEng (Hons) or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team structure, accept and understand management instruction manage own timescales and specified timescales effectively. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and personnel issues.
- Flexible for travel to local or overseas sites if required.
Contract Type - Permanent / full-time
Our Rewards & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and excellent rewards, for what our employees consider to be really rewarding work.
This includes a number of core and voluntary benefits such as: 26 days annual leave plus Christmas, Boxing Day, 1st & 2nd Jan, early finish on a Friday, pension scheme, life assurance, share save scheme, Simplyhealth plan, eyesight tests and cycle to work scheme.
James Fisher and Sons plc and all subsidiary businesses are committed to creating a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. For further information on the James Fisher group please visit our website...... click apply for full job details