Lead Process Engineer
Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich are currently seeking a Lead Process Engineer to join our clients Projects department.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity, working Monday to Friday, based in the Norwich office with Infrequent Offshore visits.
As the Lead Process Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering fit for purpose solutions to process engineering issues for onshore and offshore assets (gas treatment plants, oil & gas producing and separation facilities, water treatment, various utilities).
You will provide oversight of the team's deliverables, ensuring accuracy and quality against project timescales.
You will apply a pragmatic approach to technical solutions and promote this within the Process Team. Additionally, this role will have responsibility for mentoring the Process Team offering guidance and direction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Overall responsibility for all process engineering matters covering from conceptual studies to the commissioning and start-up.
- Control and manage design, specification, quality and delivery of the Process Team.
- Produce and deliver any process engineering deliverables as required (PFD, P&ID, calculation notes, Basis of design, various philosophies, procedures, operating instructions etc).
- Builds HYSYS and other modelling tools to simulate facilities performance and provides analysis.
- Troubleshoot facility operational problems and develop recommendations for resolving problems/issues experienced on site.
- Builds OLGA model and run flow assurance calculations. Slug management in gas line experience.
- Lead design safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA studies & SIL reviews and provide solutions to raised issues.
- Guide and mentor, train the Process Team, be responsible for evaluation of the Process Team members.
- Ensure process engineering solutions are in compliance with all health, safety, environmental legislation and best practice.
- Ability to step back and comment or review on existing philosophy to apply fit for purpose designs.
- Working in close collaboration with other disciplines. Understands impact on other disciplines. Assists with commissioning.
- Raise, process and close out Management of Change (MOC) proposals providing technical assurance to modifications.
- When required, support operations in assessing day-to-day process safety related issues by reviewing isolations, risk assessments, drawings and procedural changes.
- Responsible for recognising value adding opportunities in onshore and offshore production systems, initiating modifications and processing these through to completion.
SEC & Personal Safety Tasks:
Management of Change - Technical Reviewer
- Review Management of Change (MOC) proposals via the eMOC system, address technical queries, ensure compliance with technical standards within the Process discipline and provide access to specialist engineering advice.
- Understand the nature of explosive atmospheres, how they are characterised and their impact on equipment specifications.
Performance Standards / COMAH
- Understand the requirement for designing systems to specific safety performance standards and understand the purpose of COMAH reports and safety cases.
- Understand the options for preventing over (and under) pressure of process pipework and equipment, and the systems for disposal of waste hydrocarbons.
- Process Engineering - minimum 10 years' experience in a technical role within the upstream Oil and Gas industry with focus on gas processing. Familiar with brownfield modification.
- Ideally Chartered
- Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering.
- Good all-round experience from conceptual design to installation/start-up supervision.
- Very strong analytical capacity and critical thinking.
- Good working knowledge of HYSYS and OLGA.
- Knowledge of applicable codes.
- Both UK/overseas experience desired.
- Be self-motivated with ability to work with minimal guidance from supervision.
- Hand-on approach.
- Be capable of working cohesively within a multi-discipline team.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive, I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd