NES Fircroft are supporting a key OFS client in Aberdeen with a Lead Product Application role and keen to hear from individuals from a Subsea background.
This is a permanent position and you will have technical responsibility for defining solutions to satisfy customer needs from early engagement, FEED, or Request for quotation of Xmas Trees & Well Access equipment. A key part of this role will be working closely with the product line technical authorities and tender teams in developing solutions which are technically sound, along with being commercially competitive in today's market.
As Lead Product Application Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Interpreting customer specifications in the definition & configuration of solutions
- Preparing functional product design specifications
- Preparing equipment lists & product bill of materials for costing of solutions
- Preparing design layouts, schematics, datasheets, technical write ups
- Undertaking technical reviews in selection and refinement of solutions
- Interpreting supply chain & manufacturing requirements in the definition of solutions
- Collaborating with supply chain manufacturing for improvements in existing products
- Ensure product designs conform with latest regulatory, environmental & safety standards with implementation of necessary revisions and/or obsolesce of parts
- Have a degree qualification in engineering from an accredited university or college
- Have proven experience in Application Engineering
- Have an awareness of product design process and product life cycle management
- Have an awareness of product standards & drafting standards
- Understand supply chain practices e.g. forging, machining, welding, coating
- Have an ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.