We have a great opportunity for a Lead Product Engineer to be responsible for leading mechanical product design solutions for distributed generation products (mainly CHP and Power Generation via Gas Engines). They will be held responsible for the solution development and end to end mechanical product design and engineering for distributed energy units for our industrial and commercial clients.
Location: Salford with some working from home flexibility
The role requirements:
Technical Knowledge: Strong understanding of the engineering requirements and related challenges in a manufacturing setting with associated mechanical systems (pumps, heat exchangers, flow, gas, etc.). An understanding of the requirements of the prime mover and its relationship to the rest of the design.
Design: Ability to produce detailed, practical and effective designs for our customers. Able to drill down into a level of understanding into subject area's potentially not in your subject discipline.
Attention to detail: Design and check designs to a high level to detail
Cross Functional Communication: Be able to appreciate how your element of the design interacts with CAD, control panel design and software. Put systems in place to formalize communications lines.
- Mechanical engineering experience ideally linked to manufacturing of products
- The use and understanding of fluid/gas flow and thermal heat transfer/exchanger theory
- A background in generating detailed P&ID's and producing equipment schedules
- Good time management skills with track record of project/design delivery to plan
- Vast experience in mechanical product design role
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MS Office and factory parts management systems
- Understand of the commercial aims and objectives of distributed energy
- Experienced in working to tight deadlines and managing simultaneous projects in a fast-moving delivery focused environment
- High level of numeracy skills
- Sound communication & presentation skills
- Awareness of British Standards and CDM regulations
- Knowledge of fabrication and protective finish processes
- Awareness of H&S legislation including any site-specific regulations
- A bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering is a minimum requirement. A master's in mechanical engineering or in a related subject area would be advantageous.