Reporting to the Account Manager the Maintenance Manager is to provide clear leadership and direction to the delivery team ensuring that all works are completed to programme, budget and quality standards expected by the client in a professional and ethical manner adhering to commercial guidelines, established best practice and professional/company standards.
Ensure all supporting functions sustain operational management to maximise returns in terms of profit and service level.
Identify, manage and reduce all unnecessary costs and inefficient activities - ensure business risks are clearly identified and controlled.
Promote the development of team members and actively encourage effective relationships.
Ensure the requirements of HSE policies are fully understood and implemented.
Establishment and administration of working processes, planned and reactive maintenance regimes, health and safety management and support to the contract commercial team are all key parts of the role.
In the senior site representative function they are ultimately responsible for the resourcing, development and leadership of a team, defining and communicating contract objectives and constraints and complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, thereby delivering the end product on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Understand contract objectives and communicates to site teams as short to medium term goals to focus works.
* Determines the site set-up with all roles clearly communicated to ensure all parties understand their responsibilities and are accountable.
* Recognises change on site and retains records as required by the established change control process. Sets up procedures to ensure that all safety documentation is collated and retained for example scaffold inspection records, PUWER records etc.
* Participates in knowledge share events.
* Is aware of full contract life cycle and contributes effectively with construction expertise at each.
* Develops and coordinates weekly and monthly look-ahead programmes for site operations from contract programme.
* Fully aware of the resource requirements to effectively complete a section of work and makes arrangements to meet these needs.
* Familiar with supply chain procedures.
* Makes effective use of A Plant.
* Manages site activities to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with the method statements, that they remain on target and takes action as required to rectify problems.
* Sets up processes to ensure the site team effectively manage all site reporting such as record sheets, site instructions, daily diary etc.
* Capable of putting together cost estimates for sections of work and for arranging works to meet an established budget.
* Familiar with COINS, monitoring of PPE, costs from ongoing hire etc.
Required: HNC/HND/City guilds or equivalent professional qualification/apprenticeship Electrical or Mechanical engineering, must have a full understanding of the other skillset.
Desired: PFI understanding
Health & Safety qualification
Medical Gas AP/CP
Desired: Hospital Experience in a similar role or demonstrable experience
Full understanding of the HTM's & HBN's
ECS Recruitment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy...... click apply for full job details