ACS International Schools are looking an experienced Maintenance Manager to provide tactical and operational maintenance management of all mechanical, electrical, and fabric assets at ACS International School, Cobham. This role is responsible for leading the inhouse maintenance team, the primary Facilities Maintenance contractor, and all specialist and general contractors, to deliver effective planned and reactive maintenance services, along with a variety of minor works and small-to-medium Facilities projects.
The post holder will be an active member of the Cobham Facilities Management Team, and will work with faculties and departments, providing technical/maintenance advice and guidance. They will ensure that all Cobham facilities/ assets, and related work/maintenance, complies with statutory obligations. They will ensure a sound balance of best value and practice, in the delivery and maintenance of systems and assets to support the current and future needs of the Cobham estate.
In meeting these requirements, the post holder will ensure that they lead the Maintenance team, working with management to ensure suitable development and deployment of internal and external resources, including service partners, to ensure that throughout the team, there is sufficient skills, knowledge, understanding, ability and desire to consistently maintain the campus to the highest levels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Good people management skills - able to build teams and lead them across a wide campus.
· Minimum of two years' experience of managing teams of technicians and engineers, along with a variety of external technicians/specialists.
· Able to communicate clearly (both verbal and written), to share information effectively, and to develop team communication.
· Excellent commitment to service delivery. Prepared to accept ownership of responsibilities.
· Able to work on own initiative, and as part of a wider team.
· Enthusiastic and willing to develop and apply new skills.
· Excellent knowledge of H&S in the workplace, including the use of RA's and MS'. A formal H&S qualification is a distinct advantage.
· Familiar with CDM in the context of building maintenance and small works.
· Experience of working with CAFM and using management information.
· Able to understand and manage priorities, and to work under pressure.
· Experience of tendering and managing outsourced works.
· Energy & sustainability management focused, with experience of working on sustainability initiatives.
· The ability to identify training needs and to assist in the training and instruction of others.
· An experienced technician/engineer, with strong knowledge of all areas of building/site maintenance (Mech/Water/Gas/Elec/Fabric/Plumbing), and a demonstrable track record in this area.
· Experience of working in an environment containing ACM's, and of maintaining an Asbestos register.
· Appropriate trade/industry qualifications (e.g. ONC/D, IEE, CIBSE)
This is a permanent, full time role based at ACS International School Cobham.
ACS celebrates diversity as an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and, as an employee of ACS, you are expected to share this commitment. This position is therefore subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.