Salary: £24.4k - £30.5k (dependent on experience)
Operating in a team of highly motivated staff reporting to the Plant Maintenance Team Manager, the job holder works within a team of Warehouse and Workshop staff operating from the Southern Maintenance Support Depot at Fareham in Hampshire. This is mainly a workshop-based role, therefore it's important to live within 45mins travel from Segensworth. Undertaking work on selected items of Plant & Equipment supplied within the SGN Southern business units to the required specification and standard. It's essential that you are flexible, self-motivated and resourceful.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
Carryout Portable Plant and Equipment testing, inspection and repair at the Maintenance depot and 12 other SGN locations across Southern. Equipment categories include items of Safety equipment, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical (Light, Petrol & Diesel Plant), Hydraulic, Pneumatic, Gas pressure carrying tooling.
- Carryout PAT (Portable Appliance Testing)
- Ensure the workshop and warehouse stores are managed and kept in an orderly manner
- Carryout delivery and collection duties throughout Southern as required
- Ensure compliance with SGN policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance with legislation, in particular HASAWA, EAWA, PUWER, LOLER
- Ensure compliance portable Plant & Equipment is maintained and disposed of as per SGN policy and procedures
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Training will be provided by SGN. Initially academic qualifications or certifications are not essential.
- Ideally, we are looking for applicants with certification in PAT, First Aid, Manual Handling, Forklift, Abrasive Wheels, Ladder Inspection, manufacturer recommended procedures, COSHH, PUWER & LOLER, however if you don't have these qualifications SGN will be able to train you to the correct standard
- The job holder must have a Full UK Driving License.
Once trained the technical skills, job knowledge and experience that are essential in this job are:
- A good technical knowledge of the Plant Maintenance processes, and maintenance requirements of a wide variety of Plant & Equipment.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation, procedures and related health and safety policies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Workshop safety systems.
- Good customer service and communication skills.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you're interested in - you might have a skill we didn't realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers' homes and businesses safe.
We're on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box - futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we're passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We're quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…