Annual salary: up to £32,000.80
Are you an experienced and skilled Maintenance Supervisor with looking for your next career move? Do you have a proven track record in driving a facilities based Team combined with technical expertise, This is an 8 Month Fixed Term Contract.
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance Supervisor to lead our Hard Facilities Team located at our fabulous development in Cambridge. The role is to supervise and plan all works completed by Hard Facilities Operatives on Facilities Management contracts, ensuring safety, quality and cost standards. Operatives will be covering a range of skills from Electrical, Mechanical and Fabric. You will also be supervising sub- contractors ensuring works completed to schedule.
Key to this role is established experience in either: Plumbing, Heating and Gas Engineering both domestic and commercial, Electrical Engineering.
Who are we?
Here at Mears Group our vision is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve.
We do this by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives and our approach is based on the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community.
Mears offers a comprehensive facilities management service that encompasses multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of their impact upon the serviced property. Mears is a corporate member of the British Institute for Facilities Management. We have an extensive portfolio of clients from Portree in the North to Portsmouth in the South. Our projects are diverse in nature, including caring for listed buildings, Ministry of Defence properties and entertainment amenities with a wide range of technical requirements across a range of sectors
What the role involves:
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices, to ensure the team are fully compliant and follow industry best practices.
- Allocate and schedule PPM tasks to onsite Operatives.
- Utilise existing stock or collect materials as required for the site. Ensuring Mears procurement standards are maintained.
- Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
- To oversee the supervision of the on-site CAFM systems and ensure all PPM and reactive tasks are completed within SLA.
- Ensure that all Operatives are fully trained and competent to carry out the set duties. Coach individual team members increasing their skill set with effective and appropriate training.
- Completing WIP and Post inspection on tasks completed by the FA ensuring that all tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Complete and maintain all paperwork & electronic data records relevant to work carried out, to ensure completion is confirmed and a comprehensive and accurate history is available for audit, quality, health & safety and charging purposes.
- Attend informal and formal meetings and training sessions to ensure up to date business and job knowledge, communication, skills & progression are maintained. This includes but is not limited to training, re-training, toolbox talks, 1:1's, probation reviews etc.
- Assist the FM in planning works and arranging materials for all tasks to be completed on the contract.
- Participate in call out cover if and when required to ensure contract compliance & service user satisfaction for emergency repairs.
- Adopt a professional manner when communicating with service users and/or client/external contacts to build and maintain a positive view of Mears Group. This includes but is not limited to appearance, company ID, communication.
- Highlight any safeguarding concerns to the relevant customer and community officer within branch as early as possible to ensure they liaise with the client in accordance with the safeguarding policy.
- Use and maintain company vehicle/van in accordance with company vehicle & insurance policies in order to ensure safety, compliance, accurate and timely reporting of damage, cleanliness & condition (inside and out). This includes but is not limited to daily photographic recording of condition.
We are looking for
A facilities professional who has a proven commercial background. Will be qualified in a minimum of 1 trade discipline from the following selection: Plumbing, Heating and Gas Engineering both domestic and commercial, Electrical Engineering. You will have strong leadership skills, technical expertise and exceptional negotiating skills. You will be used to managing a complex on-site team and have a high level of client relationship building skills.
The Benefits of working with Mears:
We offer a friendly and flexible working environment, excellent training and development opportunities and 25 days holiday entitlement along with bank holidays.
Mears offer a company pension, life insurance and share scheme along with other fun benefits!
Mears is also committed to a policy of equality and diversity, and positively welcomes applications from all sections of the community, please submit your application below and our recruitment team will be in contact.