About Oakray Oakray has been providing buildings support to local authorities, social landlords, NHS trusts and private sector clients for over 40 years. Founded in 1979, we have a proven track record of delivering successful mechanical, electrical and security services and solutions to our commercial and domestic clients, with whom we have developed longstanding partnerships.
Job Summary Responsible for the day to day running of our various contracts within the Mechanical department, managing activities of a team of Engineers to ensure the successful, timely and cost-effective completion of all works. To provide technical guidance and ensure that the work of the section meets all of the Company's requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating the work-streams for a team of commercial gas engineers, ensuring appointment times are achieved and that service delivery targets are met.
- Provide technical support to customers and to colleagues when required
- Where necessary allocating specialist sub-contractors, giving response, completion and access details, and other relevant information, to ensure compliance with Client requirements.
- Arranging materials ensuring quality, value for money and those deliveries are made on time.
- Client administration and liaison on a day-to-day basis.
- Liaise with call centre manager re-scheduling appointments, PPM and responsive repairs, ensuring all targets are achieved.
- To report on a regular basis within the requirements of the senior contract manager on the status of all works within the Department to identify, in good time, problems of time-scale or resources.
- To ensure that works are completed to the required Company standard and within projected time-scale, costs and technical requirements.
- Estimating and submitting quotations to clients for their consideration and approval
- To ensure that all procedures and departmental instructions that relate to the service delivery process are maintained with particular regard to QA procedures.
- To ensure that all work carried out complies with the relevant sections of the 'Health and Safety at Work Act'.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required
- Have previous experience of ensuring that all works are undertaken in accordance with statutory requirements, Health and Safety and industry codes of practice
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise, resolve issues and meet targets and deadlines
- The ability to organise other people's work and motivate them
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be a good team player with the ability to demonstrate excellent customer care skills
- Good IT skills
- Have experience of managing a technical team within the commercial gas/heating sector
- Be financially aware and have an understanding of value for money
- Have good negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the procurement process
- Current/Valid Commercial Gas Qualifications - COCN1 or CODNCO1, CIGA1, CDGA1, CORT1, ICPN1 TPCP1A
- A relevant City and Guilds Level 3 Qualification
- Full UK Driving licence
We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job. Recruitment will be solely on the basis of the applicant's abilities and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the job. Qualifications, skills and experience will be assessed at the level that is relevant to the job.
We will ensure that our shortlisting, interviewing and selection procedures avoid discrimination in any way, including on grounds of age, disability, gender, marital status or civil partnership, race, nationality or ethnic origins, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Working for Us
- Salary dependant on experience
- 21 days holiday increasing by 1 day every 2 years' service up to a maximum of 25 days, plus statutory days
- Pension scheme - Auto enrolment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Staff Discounts
- Company car, Laptop and Mobile Phone
You will be part of a friendly and busy team.
You will receive excellent training and support in this role and there will be plenty of scope to improve and enhance your current abilities. In addition, as the company continues to grow there are plenty of opportunities for career progression and advancement. Oakray is a company that recognises individual talent, encourages professional development and rewards success.If you believe that you have the talent, energy and spirit and are eager to learn, then we want to hear from you!..... click apply for full job details