Mechanical Design/Estimator (Heat Exchangers)
£30,000 - £40,000 + Company Benefits
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer and Estimator from a thermal deign or Heat Exchanger background looking for training, development and progression with a Global Oil and Gas business?
On offer is a varied dynamic role where you will be involved in the design, development, estimation, projects, procurement, contract negotiation and production. A truly varied position where you can have a positive impact on the success and growth of the company.
You can expect mentorship form highly skilled engineers in the team as well as industry leading training and development.
This business unit are involved in the manufacture and installation of large Heat Exchangers and Large Steel / Alloy Structures which are supplied all over the globe.
This role would suit a Mechanical Design Engineer and Estimator from a thermal deign or Heat Exchanger background looking for training, development and progression with a Global Oil and Gas business.
- Deal with customer enquiries, specifications, drawings, datasheets and other details.
- Optimise thermal design of air-cooled heat exchangers.
- Estimate costs of components of the air-cooled heat exchangers and liaise with sub suppliers of various components.
- Experience of Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers is also an advantage.
- Liaise with projects, procurement and production departments for revision, drawings and purchase specifications.
- Negotiate prices and contract terms with clients. There will be the need for some business travel, both in the UK and overseas as required.
- Qualifications Educated to either Degree level with some experience or Diploma level with considerable experience in the area of design and manufacture of air-cooled heat exchangers.
- Appropriate training will be provided on a range of dedicated thermal design and system components sizing software.
- Experience of HTRI software is an advantage.
- Highly computer literate. A working knowledge of ASME code and U Stamp.
- Mechanical Design and Estimating experience
- Thermal process or Heat Exchamger background
- Looking for a varied role
Heat, Exchanger, Engineer, Design, Process, Air Cooled, Plate , Tube, Project, Finned Tube, Oil, Gas, Plant, Production,
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.