Mechanical Maintenance Works Supervisor
Gloucester, working at Imjin Barracks and Ashchurch
Salary: Up to £39,000+ use of company vehicle
We have an exciting opportunity for a Works Supervisor to join our direct delivery team in Gloucester.
You ll be joining a great direct delivery team of 19 people. Working alongside our Built Estate Manager (BEM) and our Service Delivery Manager (SDM), you ll help manage day-to-day operations. You ll be kept busy and need to be able to handle a varied workload. Emergencies are par for the course in facilities management, so we re looking for someone who is flexible, adaptable and will remain calm under pressure. Whilst this is primarily an office-based role, there will be times when you ll need to get your hands dirty, approximately a 70/30 split.
There are opportunities to learn and progress and the more willing you are the more we ll give you. In addition to on-the-job training, each member of the team has a customized training plan, to help ensure there s continuous improvement.
This is a pivotal role in the team and you ll be assisting in the delivery of our contractual deliverables, ensuring the client is supported effectively.
This is predominantly an office-based job for an experienced works supervisor or an engineer looking to step up into a supervisory role.
- Oversee day-to-day maintenance operations across multiple sites, including the delivery of reactive, PPM and remedial works, whilst ensuring the effective, compliant, and timely delivery of our KPIs.
- Monitor job progress, highlighting to the SDM and BEM, if jobs are at risk of failing KPIs.
- Oversee sub-contractors who carry out the installation and maintenance to our assets.
- Scope and manage additional works i.e., remedials, obtain quotes from contractors, raise POs, order parts, hire equipment, etc. as required.
- Ensure all H&S documentation i.e., RAMS, SOKHs, Work Permits, AP requests, etc. are present prior to work.
- Maintain both electronic and hard copy files inc. inspection reports, certificates, etc. and update CAFM system accordingly.
- Undertake emergency repairs as required.
- Provide technical advice and support to the team, DIO and customer.
- Act as back-up on call manager via telephone, approx. 1 in every 5 weeks (additional remuneration).
- Support the SDM and BEM in investigating and resolving any complaints in a timely manner.
This role will see you spend 70% of your time being office based.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- C&G Level 3 in a mechanical discipline
- IOSH Managing Safely and/or NEBOSH General Certificate
- Accredited First Aid Qualification
- Understanding of JSP 375 (Safe Systems of Work)
- Experience of working with SFG20 schedules
- HVAC qualifications/experience
- F-Gas qualification (desirable)
- Knowledge of BMS/BEMS systems
- SMSTS certified
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please note, in order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain a Security Clearance (SC).