Mechanical Services Lead
12 Month Contract
My Client is currently looking for a Mechanical Services Lead for a 12 month contract based in Devonport
The project is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing onsite physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Design of mechanical, nuclear process systems, industrial gas systems and mechanical building services;
- Seismic analysis for mechanical process equipment
- Substantiation of process equipment for justification of Nuclear Safety Functions.
- A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council.
- Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and / or marine system knowledge.
- As Responsible Engineer for Mechanical Systems; ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined Requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
- Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements operate and deliver through compliance with Clients's Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment