As the Responsible Engineer for Mechanical Systems, you will be a key member of Devonport Dockyard's major infrastructure upgrade at Dock 10.
As the Mechanical Lead you will ensure systems are designed against a clear statement of compliance with defined requirements, including demonstration that the design meets relevant Health Safety & Environmental and specified Nuclear Safety requirements.
- Lead and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing technical teams producing the designs and making appropriate technical management responses.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Plan for effective project implementation, identifying key factors and leading the project's technical planning process.
- Design of mechanical, nuclear process systems, industrial gas systems and mechanical building services;
- Seismic analysis for mechanical process equipment
- Substantiation of process equipment for justification of Nuclear Safety Functions.
- A Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Ideally be a Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council