Founded in 1972, Marshall Fleet Solutions is the U.K.'s largest independent refrigeration (including installation), tail lift and commercial vehicle fleet service and support organisation.
Marshall Fleet Solutions is a long established dealer of Thermo King equipment as well as being main dealers for most manufacturers of tail lifts sold in the UK. The company has over 200 engineers, together with a national call centre in operation 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The company offers unrivalled breakdown support, repair and routine maintenance for transport fleet operators across the UK.
Reporting into the Regional Business Manager, you will work as part of a team of Mobile Refrigeration Engineers covering an area across Scotland. The focus will be the Maintenance and Repair of Thermo King Refrigeration equipment used on large distribution vehicles. Our customers are busier than ever before, so providing high levels of customer care is paramount for the success of our business as well as all of our employees.
The role duties include:
- Installation, servicing and repair of vehicle-powered road transport refrigeration units, limiting costs of stock used on contract accounts and maximising revenue generation in all areas.
- Optimise and maintain engineer van stock to maintain and enhance service delivery to MFS customers.
- Ensure relevant safety checks are carried out on the company van on a daily basis.
- Maintain product and customer requirements knowledge to meet ISO9002 standards at all times. Undertaking company training (at our dedicated training centre in Aldridge, Birmingham) and self-development through the Certi-Tech certification process.
- To liaise with central control and/or the service centre with regard to job start and completion times, downtime and overtime authorisation; cost updates and customer purchase orders.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and on-line (PDA) requirements enabling central control and invoicing to maintain a high standard of customer interface - keeping the customer informed.
- Assist with planning of installations and undertake installations and commissioning.
- Perform other duties and projects which correspond to the general character of the position.
- Ensure adherence to company procedures in line with company policies, Health & safety procedures and ISO9002 standards.
- Apprentices and or engineers in training (EIT) may be supervised where applicable.
- Ensure customer service is a priority, and conduct & corporate image (self, van, tools, spares) are first rate.
The ideal candidate will hold their F-Gas qualification and have a relevant C&G or equivalent within an Engineering discipline.
Experience of Refrigeration/Air Conditioning or Commercial Engineering is required as well as high levels of customer care and attention.
You will be happy to undertake extensive training on Thermo King equivalent, any prior knowledge would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will also offer the following skills and experience:
- Refrigeration, Air Conditioning or Mechanical Engineering experience
- IT literate (Microsoft Office), PDA use
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Numerate, literate, methodical, systematic
- Attention to detail and target driven
- Customer Service Skills & Relationship building skills
- Punctuality and efficiency
C lean UK driving licence. Extensive travel required, including overnight stays and working on customer sites. Needs to be physically fit to perform required tasks. Participation in additional on call roster, including overtime, working nights and weekends...... click apply for full job details