Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location: Atherstone, CV37
Salary: c£45,000 DOE
Hours of Work: 5 fixed shifts of 10 hours across 7 days, Sunday to Thursday, 7pm - 5am
Purpose of the Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer:
The role of an Engineer in food processing can be hugely varied and no two days are the same. Tasks include carrying out both electrical and mechanical work such as planned maintenance activity, reacting to breakdowns, finding out and eliminating the root-cause of problems and working on continuous improvement projects.
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer Responsibilities:
- Follow a planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedule for all plant, equipment and machinery.
- Carry out PPMs and repairs in a safe and hygienic manner as stated within the company Quality Management System ensuring that operational efficiencies are not adversely affected.
- Promptly respond to plant, equipment, machinery breakdown or fault to ensure minimal downtime on operations.
- Participate as required in the installation and commissioning of new plant, machinery and equipment.
- Ensure tools, toolbox contents, parts and consumables are documented into and out of any food handling area.
- Oversee service contractors for onsite compliance.
- Mentor apprenticeships and handymen.
- Be part of a call out rota to take a turn to be 'on-call' and ready to come into work if there's a major problem.
- Be responsible for any ad-hoc duties as and when required
- You will be a proven multi skilled maintenance Engineer with experience gained in a high volume, fast paced food production environment including packing equipment (horizontal and vertical: flow wrappers, multi-head weighers, baggers, labellers & MD/CW).
- Need to be proactive, flexible and excellent communicator.
- At least 5 years of experience within a similar role.
- Must have proven track record of fault finding.
- Good communication skills to directly interact with internal and external clients at the appropriate technical level.
- Ability to work individually within a small engineering team but larger operations team.
- Experience of refrigeration, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics and industrial facilities.
- Experience of working with 3 phase, inverters, motors, compressors, condensers, DC current, abrasive wheels, dehydrators, PLC's and PPMs.
- Knowledge of fault finding on industrial sized boiler, servicing and power flushing.
- Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office and data logging systems.
- Mechanical and electrical engineering qualifications to HNC level or equivalent.
- The Nationally Accredited Certified Scheme (ACS) Commercial Gas
- Fluent English - both written & verbal.
- Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to work base.
- Flexibility to travel, on rare occasions, to other UK company sites for special purposes.