Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead the provision of NDT and Advanced NDT technical support to Group project(s) and Branch Operations across the UK in accordance with the organisation's procedures, work scope requirements, budgets and plans. Review, evaluate current practices, continuously seek ways of improving the works processes through innovation to reduce costs where possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
- NDT / Advanced NDT Focal point for delivery of all technical requirements for designated support to Group projects and Branch Operations
- Work closely with NDT / Advanced NDT Lead and NDT Subject Matter Experts to support the Group Projects and Branch Operations with scope definition including personnel, duration and equipment requirements.
- Liaising with Group Projects Manager, Branch Operations, Personnel Hub and Clients to ensure the correct resources are allocated to inspection opportunities
- Work closely with Group Projects Manager, Branch Operations, Personnel Hub and Clients to ensure efficient and effective implementation of the assigned project
- Provide technical input to Group Projects Manager and Branch Operations in the creation of annual budgets, proposals and CTR's as required
- Support development and updating of NDT workflows, processes and procedures.
- Check NDT reports for correctness against procedure, scope of work and are stored/logged for audit purposes
- Support regular audits and assessments as and when required by Group project team and clients
- Support Personnel Hub with create training plans to develop technicians within projects
- Support Personnel Hub / Group Projects / Operations with monitoring technicians' performance on projects and carrying out appraisals
- Support Personnel Hub / Group Projects / Operations with carrying disciplinary actions as and when required for technicians on projects
- Support Personnel Hub with address complaints from technicians
- Support Group Project Managers with investigations of customer complaints
- Support Personnel Hub / Groups Projects with hiring of personnel to cover project work scopes
- Carry out safety and technical pre mob briefs for NDT and Advanced NDT as required
- Carry out toolbox talks for NDT and Advanced NDT as required
- Carry out call out duties as and when required
- The list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake task's that may reasonably be expected within the scope
- Support Group Project Managers and Branch Operations with client meetings as required
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment
- Supervision of the NDT and Advanced NDT Technical Coordinators
- Supervision of NDT and Advanced NDT equipment and logistics personnel.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Must have a good level of NDT experience and qualifications in core NDT methods including ultrasonic and radiography and advanced methods in advantages
- Ability to support writing and updating NDT processes, procedures and manuals as required
- Must have good communication skills
- Have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists.
- Microsoft Word proficient
- Microsoft Excel proficient
- Degree or equivalent in an NDT or engineering discipline
- Held an NDT role previously
- Good understanding and experience of Advanced NDT methods.
- Offshore experience and Onshore experience
- Experience in other software platforms such as Visio etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback on projects
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.