At Air Products we have been helping our customers to become more productive, energy-efficient and sustainable for over 80 years. With our atmospheric, process and speciality gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply creative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
Location: Isle of Grain, Kent
Contract Type: full time
Education: University Degree (Chemical Engineering or other Technical Degree)
Salary: competitive + annual bonus
Our Industrial Gases business supports our UK clients by providing their essential gases via pipelines, tankers, and packaged gas cylinders, each product manufactured from raw materials produced by large air separation and liquefier plants at various locations across the country. This includes a portfolio of cryogenic and non-cryogenic assets that are based on our customers' sites and deliver products directly to their production facilities. With our UK and Ireland business undergoing a period of significant growth, these plants are vital to our success, and this has created an outstanding opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Plant Manager to take responsibility for our facility in Isle Of Grain, Kent .
Our Plant Managers are responsible for ensuring the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the production plants within their area. The primary focus is to produce the raw materials/ products to support a $450 million revenue business.
What you'll be doing:
- Delivering a safe operation, fully compliant with local legislation, international quality management standards and Air Products corporate standards. Minimizing any risk to all employees, members of the public or the environment for the locations they are responsible for.
- Ensuring that our plants and pipelines operate reliably and in line with our efficiency models and targets.
- Ensuring production levels are achieved at the optimal cost
- Building a focus on customer service, understanding the importance of reliable production operations
- Building and developing a team, empowering them to take ownership of their plant
- Challenging how we have always done things, continually looking for opportunities to simplify and improve the work practices within the organization to develop the most efficient operating model for the business
Our Ideal Candidate's Requirements:
- Mechanical or Chemical degree
- Process and equipment operations in the oil&gas, chemical, power.
- CI & Lean Six Sigma - mindset
- Experience in customer-facing situations.
- Comfortable in high-pressure situations, has the ability to review the information and prioritize
- Strong communication skills across cross-functional teams.
- Microsoft suite, SAP and applications for iPad
If this sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, we'd like to hear from you. If we like each other we'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package and a working environment that thrives on respect, innovation, challenge, and personal and professional development. Hit the 'APPLY' button and let's start a conversation.
*Air Products is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status...... click apply for full job details