A Wolverhampton based prison who provide all residents with a platform to change their lives Are seeking a Plumber to join their team offering a salary of £25,319. They promote a community culture where residents will be able to assist the management team to establish projects, processes and forums that meet the needs of the population.
As a Plumber you will:
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary.
- Write up maintenance reports and technical procedures for Building Maintenance Activities.
- Assist in the training and development of other maintenance/technical staff involved in site maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, mechanical equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all mechanical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets, building fabric throughout the prison estate, e.g. furniture, internal /external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Assisting in the development of maintenance routines, procedures, risk assessments, preparing and maintaining relevant technical records.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Fully qualified and experienced within a mechanical engineer discipline. (City & Guilds / Level 3 NVQ in mechanical craft studies or equivalent)
- Industrial / Plumbing installations
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance
- Specialism's in HVAC systems, Gas systems /equipment maintenance. (Gas Safe qualified)
- A/C repairs & maintenance.
- Legionella & WRAS Controls and regulations.
- Experience of BMS systems.
- Full, clean driving license