Plumber / Gas Engineer
Responsible for: Domestic gas, heating and plumbing.
To provide an efficient responsive and cyclical maintenance service to plumbing and heating installations in domestic properties.
Key responsibilities - Functional:
· Carry out plumbing / heating repairs in response to reported faults, diagnosing faults and replacing defective parts as necessary. Re-instate systems that have been disconnected.
· Assist in the annual maintenance programme as required including heating, servicing, searching, cleaning and replacing parts as necessary.
· Provide technical and general reports both written and oral including customer feedback on maintenance issues for both current and future developments. Where necessary identify areas of concern such as defects, repair trends etc.
· Keep appropriate records such as repair works undertaken, contact with resident's orders etc.
· Undertake other minor maintenance works as necessary.
· Accurate completion of all paperwork in connection with the post of plumbing / heating engineer.
· To undertake standby and voluntary overtime as required.
· Undertake training to improve knowledge and skills
· Partake in a monthly performance and budget meeting (as required)
· Take responsibility for your performance to ensure that the service you provide is of high quality and compliant with legislation
· Attend tenant focus groups and forums in order to obtain direct feedback and discuss means of continually improving the service (as required)
· Ensure that all works and materials are procured in accordance with the company procurement strategy and cost efficiency.
· Follow the framework of performance management and monitoring, championing the best practice and a high-level performance culture throughout.
· Liaise with both internal and external contacts in a friendly and helpful manner in order to uphold and strengthen the values of the company.
Key responsibilities - Corporate
· To provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
· Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with the current health and safety legislation and undertaken in a diligent manner, considering the customer's cultural and diversity needs are managed and identify and implement opportunities for making best use of all resources.
· Ensure that all work complies with all legal and statutory regulations along with best practice.
· Ensure that you implement the companies equality, diversity and inclusion policies at all times an in all aspects of service delivery and employment.
· In all aspects of work, to promote effective communications, excellence in customer service, and a focus on continuous improvement.
· To carry out such other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably directed by the Management or Director of Property Services...... click apply for full job details