Job title: Delivery Orchestration Lead/Portfolio Manager
Job location: Sunbury on Thames
Industry: gas & oil
Employment type: contract (7 months)
Daily rate: £480 - £520
We are currently searching for a Delivery Orchestration Lead/Portfolio Manager for our client, a global gas and oil company. You would join Digital Science & Engineering (DS&E) division, which focuses on frontier digital technologies that support business strategies, with a bias towards novel technologies that have potential application across more than one business group and solving business problems that are beyond traditional IT solutions. The primary measure of DS&E's performance is the business adoption of new digital technologies for operational and growth opportunities, so driving cost savings or generating future value.
Delivery Orchestration Lead requires to have the skills, leadership, and experience in programme/project management and Agile delivery in areas of digital.
You will take responsibility for the management and delivery of projects of varying sizes (from new cutting-edge technology proof-of-concepts to full scaled implementations) adhering to time, cost and quality goals. You need to be proficient in different delivery methodologies from waterfall to SCRUM and Kanban.
What you'll do:
- Team: Lead and work across both internal and external teams to deliver proof-of-concepts or pilot projects (3 to 6 months), to full-scaled implementations within business areas in an Agile way. Coach the team in the use and application of agile practices.
- Relationships/Stakeholder Management: Identify, setup and execute the various initiative/project governance. Regular engagements with stakeholder groups (internal and external) to ensure timely resolution or escalations of risks/issues or to request the support required. Ability to influence and inspire change in positive and impactful way.
- Delivery Management: Lead the end-to-end delivery of initiatives/projects and perform the necessary due diligence to ensure compliance and risk assessment are performed involving digital security, legal and procurement teams as appropriate. Actively managing risks, issues, capturing lessons learned from the success/failure of the project and agreeing with stakeholder groups the next set of actions/steps. Maintain open communication between everyone involved and act as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining, and executing business engagement strategies and plan. Managing the finances for the initiatives/projects with planning and estimations, approval and tracking throughout the life cycle. Monitor, improve on, and measure benefits against business case.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate and work across various vendors to deliver the best outcome for the initiative and for our client.
- Digital/Technology: Create awareness and understanding of the technology in the business groups and demonstrating the potential of the technology to create value for the business area. Defining and executing the change management required for the technology implementation. Implement continuous improvement cycle within the delivery and ensure best practices are shared across the team
What you have:
- Has 10 years (or more) of relevant, agile delivery experience
- Technical competencies:
- Agile Leadership and Governance
- Benefits Management
- Change implementation planning and management
- Financial management
- Organisational Capability Development
- Project Management
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, sciences, engineering, mathematics or related equivalent
- Agile and/or PMP certification with relevant experience working in both waterfall and agile projects/programme
- Experience in the oil and gas/energy industry
- Aptitude to show fluidity, speed, initiative in unstructured context
- Demonstrate an unwavering demand for high impact on the organisation
- Ability to rapidly grasp new concepts, achieve a high-level familiarity with new technologies and sense their application; ability to think at the forefront of innovation
- Able to function in a dynamic environment and make informed decisions as required to keep project on target
- Capability to support multiple engagements at the same time