Due to winning new projects, a new position has arisen for a Principal Environmental Consultant. You will provide independent and original expertise, ingenuity and judgement in the offshore oil and gas and renewables fields. You will act as a Project Manager or Project Director and lead a team of employees both from a team and project perspective.
Working closely with upstream oil and gas industry, delivering Environmental and Social Impact Assessment; Environmental Compliance and Permitting; Decommissioning Programmes and Scoping; Chemical Permitting; Marine Conservation and Ecosystems Management; Hydrodynamic, dispersion and particulates Modelling, Underwater Noise and Oil Spill Modelling and Impact Assessment and Environmental Due Diligence.
The Principal Environmental Consultant Will
- Be a recognised expert in their field with strong technical capability in marine biology, Environmental Impact Assessments of oil and gas and marine renewable energy operations, facilitation of relevant environmental studies, workshops and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide strategic and statutory environmental advice to clients in a variety of sectors.
- Build upon existing and develop new client relationships to further the Environment UK business.
- Provide technical advice, leadership and mentoring to the marine environment team.
- A relevant bachelor's degree in biological or other relevant science and a working knowledge of environmental engineering techniques.
- Significant post-graduate experience in Oil and Gas industry or Oil and Gas consulting sector.
- Demonstrable experience in offshore renewable energy projects.
- Excellent knowledge of offshore environmental UK policy and legislation.
- Demonstrable experience in managing and writing Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Statements and Appraisals, and/or Strategic Environmental Assessment for offshore energy projects.
- Experience of project managing medium to large projects.
- Experience of business development, bid writing, client relationship building and key account management.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Environmental consultancy experience.
We look forward to receiving your application...... click apply for full job details