Principal Process Safety Engineer
Our client has a requirement for a Principal Process Engineer, who will be required to work on a Permanent basis in Manchester.
Description of Main Activities
- Undertake safety design work on projects and proposals
- Undertake the Lead Engineer role in projects and proposals Develop, guide and coach Process Safety Engineers.
- Ensuring that working procedures and engineering execution standards are respected and enforced.
- Perform all the activities required to ensure that projects can be operated safely and reliably and in accordance with all applicable codes and standards.
This Can Involve
- Hazard identification and analysis (incl. HAZID and HAZOP studies).
- Layout development and safety assessments of plot plans.
- Consequence modelling for loss of containment scenarios.
- Hazardous area classification calculation and drawings.
- Fire hazard assessments and design of fire protection systems.
- Specification of fire, gas and spill detection systems.
- Safety Instrumented Functions and SIL allocation.
- Specification and supervision of 3rd party QRAs.
- Prepare reports and client documents as required.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines during execution of the required work.
- Keep up to date with process safety standards, guidance and regulations.
- Keep abreast of technical/ scientific developments in areas relevant to process safety.
- Actively participate in department development activities (e.g. Subject Engineering Groups, sharing lessons learnt, etc.).
- Undertake commissioning and start-up activities on site, when assigned (Reporting to Commissioning Manager).
- Participate in client meetings and presentations.
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Principal Process Engineer's looking for new employment.