NES Fircroft UK is currently recruiting for a Process Chemist (Research Scientist) on behalf of a leading Chemical / Agricultural client based in Huddersfield. This is available as a 12-month contract, working Mon-Fri, 36hrs per week, Mon-Fri. PAYE hourly rates, just enquire for more details.
- To develop, evaluate and scale-up chemical processes for new and existing products, as agreed with the +1 manager, in order to establish or improve manufacturing capability.
- To carry out laboratory work to support existing manufacture across a range of Chemical processes.
- To assess and collate data on Chemical Processes to define an optimum operating envelope.
- Plan and carry out chemical process development work on new and existing processes in the laboratory to meet development targets on quality, cost, operability, productivity, and SHE impact as agreed with the Senior Process Chemist or Principal Process Chemist.
- Communicate with other technical functions; analytical, process engineers, formulation, manufacturing, and SHE functions to exchange information and results to assist in progressing development work.
- Determine the best method, in consultation with Senior or Principal Process Chemist, and prepare representative samples of new products or the product from process modifications.
- Record all work in standard official notebooks and prepare for approval programme memoranda and the appropriate sections of technical reports and memoranda to disseminate and record the results and conclusions of laboratory work.
- Manage activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements, e.g. SI's, HSE policy and standards, COMAH (Health and Safety Executive), PPC (SEPA) etc
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Laboratory/analytical: Excellent practical skills in experimental and analytical techniques
- Literature searching and the use of library and information systems.
- Problem solving: Ability to define and analyse problems and propose solutions as well as recognising deviation from what is expected and taking proactive action to understand and address.
- Planning and organisation: ability to plan own work > 2 weeks.
- Communication: Ability to convey information verbally, in writing, or by presentations.
- Critical experience
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of lab techniques
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to break down problems, analyse data and produce solutions.
- Ability to learn: Quickly understanding and applying information, concepts, and strategies.
- Flexibility: adjusting behaviours to new information and changing situations.
- Thoroughness: in completing work and achieving accuracy.
- Self-Control: performing effectively under conditions of heavy workload and changing situations.
- Rational Persuasion: Building persuasive arguments based on data and logical thinking.
- Results Orientation: Focusing attention on the achievement of desired results.
- Critical Information Seeking: Gathering information critical to effective problem solving.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.