Vacancy: Process Safety Engineer
Location: Based from our Enfield site with regular travel to Royston
Johnson Matthey currently have an exciting opportunity within our Efficient Natural Resources sector. We are looking for a Process Safety Engineer to join our team. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience laying the foundations and framework of a process safety management system and supporting the development and implementation of the Process Safety Management strategy for Platinum Group Metals Services (PGMS) Europe. You will act as a technical lead in process safety and support the development of Engineering Standards.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator who can influence, facilitate, and lead by taking the initiative in problem solving within a team environment. This will include collaborating across the customer base to steer process design and across the function to bring best practice. Supporting Capital Projects programme £30m projects.
- Populate register of all Process Safety related activities on site, ensuring PHRs/SILS/FMEAs are in place with associated "Basis of Safety" guidance for each process
- Maintain a "technical authority" register for Process Safety and competency against Process Safety in line with the Corporate and Divisional requirements
- Support a program of training in place for Process Safety, delivering training as and when required against set program
- Ensure that site maintains a register of "Safety Critical Devices"
- Completion of base line assessments for PUWER and corrective action plans
- Implementation of a corrective action plan for DSEAR / ATEX compliance
- Review and update of standards for purchasing equipment in relation to machine safety directive
- Devise and implement engineering standards for R&CE incorporating best practice from other sites
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Experience working in a process environment (chemical / oil & gas)
- Experience in writing and implementation of new policies
- Good knowledge and understanding of DSEAR & ATEX, PUWER and/or machine safety directive, pressure relief philosophy pressure relief calculations
- Good understanding of EHS legislation, codes of practices and standards
- Good understanding of Hazard Study methodologies (HAZOP / LOPA etc)
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months
How to apply:
If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Closing date for applications: 25 October 2020
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief...... click apply for full job details