A fantastic opportunity has become available in Edinburgh for an experienced Product Owner to work for a reputable and innovative utilities company.
The PO leads a Team that is empowered to tackle business problems and realise customer value through excellence and execution. He or she gets energy from creating an environment in which people bring out the best in themselves and in which teams have the courage and are enabled to take responsibility for their own purpose. The PO stimulates innovation by continuously initiating new missions for his or her Team, drives delivery in the Team and cooperates on this with other Team Leads.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Set the product goals and create the vision of the proposition being developed, and accurately convey that vision to the team.
- Build, manage and prioritise feature teams backlogs, and working collaboratively with the team
- Be the voice of the end customer, achieve the value and adapt to change when required and is responsible for delivering the highest possible value to the business.
- Develop scope and define backlog items (epic/features/user stories) that guide the Agile software development team.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration
- Collaborate with stakeholders during full product lifecycle
- Responsible for communicating the product needs with business partners at all times
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Plays a key part in all development events including planning, refinement, review, retrospective, the sprint and daily scrum meetings.
- Proven track record of delivery of new and iterations of existing products using Agile methodologies
- Attention to detail along with overall understanding of the technologies used in product
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Product Management and development of the product roadmap
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Be able to evidence solid leadership capabilities
- Demonstrable experience of agile and scrum methodology.
- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value and add principles to a team
- Strong influencing skills
- Market knowledge of Gas/Electric utilities would be advantageous
If this sounds like a role you would succeed in please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can contact me direct on or email me at