Production Manager East Midlands, UK Competitive salary and impressive benefits package
My client is a privately owned, global specialty chemicals company who are going through incredible growth and transformation.
To support this substantial transformation journey they have a newly created role of Production Manager to head up the production of all plants on their site in Northamptonshire.
The Production Manager will be responsible for leading and developing 4 Plant Manager's and a large team in a COMAH environment. The successful person for the role will set the site production strategy of the department and lead effective turnarounds with a strong focus on process safety, improving performance and driving continuous improvement.
- Set the strategy for the production teams
- Drive metrics and implement area specific KPI's for each plant to drive process efficiencies
- Ensure that the plants under control operate in line with all HSE (with particular emphasis on COMAH and MAPP) legislations, company policies and standards (ISO9001, ISO14001)
- Promote process safety in the plant and ensure all relevant actions are taken to protect colleagues from harm
- Ensure products are manufactured to meet agreed specifications and manage programmes to improve the quality and consistency of manufactured products. Report all quality KPI's to agreed timescales
- Maximise productivity, efficiency and utilisation of the specified plants and manage improvement programmes. Report productivity KPI's to agreed timescales.
- Be responsible for the fixed cost budget, develop cost savings initiatives and report KPI's to agreed timescales and work with your team to deliver agreed goals.
- Work with the Planners, Customer Services and Product Managers (when required) to achieve competitive lead time performance and ensure customer delivery commitments are met. Report KPI's to agreed timescales
- Manage cost and yield variances of manufactured products on a day-to-day basis and ensure slow moving and sub stocks are managed efficiently by safe blending. Produce weekly reports on stock reduction progress
- Supervise and maintain a high standard of responsible care within the areas of direct responsibility and ensure a high standard of housekeeping and continuous improvement programme are in place and regularly monitored
- Ensure staff are trained and developed in accordance with the company appraisal policy, paying particular attention to competence assessment and development needs to improve skills. Ensure there are appropriate resources to run the plants.
- Ensure development plans are in place for your team with succession plans for the plant established
- Lead root cause investigations partnering with the relevant departments to ensure an efficient process
Engineering or chemistry degree or relevant related experience
Proven experience of managing rotational shift teams in the chemical industry
Strong understanding of continuous improvement and lean six sigma
Good knowledge of safety NEBOSH and understanding hazards
Exceptional leadership and change management skills
Lean manufacturing experience six sigma green/black belt/Prince 2
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.