Project Construction Engineer
Job Type: 12 month contract
Rate: £20 p/h PAYE
My client are recruiting an experienced Project Construction Engineer to plan and lead construction effort for an approved significant project in the Efficient Natural Resources Sector, based in Royston, UK.
The selected candidate will be expected to be based at site in order rapidly to review drawings and quantities generated by the engineering teams, the existing high level construction plan and schedule and provide a detailed analysis of construction planning, sequencing, manpower loadings and safe ways of working to ensure that construction effort takes place with maximum attention to safety and efficiency.
- Quickly gain an overview of a required dimensions and challenge level, establish a presence at site and synthesise a safe, cohesive, credible, cost effective and executable construction strategy and plan.
- Involve the company and external specialist or supplier expertise as required to verify volumes of materials, equipment and labour to execute the plan.
- Participate actively in defining bid documentation for the installation contractors required to install the equipment, piping, ducting, cabling and instrumentation for the complete scope associated with the process equipment.
- Participate in contractor bid evaluation, selection and onboarding, including effective communication and checks for understanding of Royston site safety rules and standards, including rules around logistics, deliveries and storage of equipment and materials.
- Manage stakeholders at site and within the to ensure effective communications and support from required staff, suppliers and executives.
- Ensure compliance with the Group EHS Policy, site, local and national regulatory standards.
- Pro-actively use the risk management process and tools to ensure that risks are identified comprehensively and mitigated appropriately.
In order to be considered for the role, you must be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience as a Construction Engineer or Construction Manager, developing 'bottom up' plans for construction in the process industries and in a brownfield environment with a significant component of confined space working.
- Experience in Oil and gas, chemicals, mining, metals or pharmaceuticals background
- Ability to shape a construction strategy including safe ways of working, logistics, laydown areas and materials management.
- Experience with some form of Work Face Planning methodologies, including use of a 3D model to help plan labour densities based on quantities and construction sequences.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and assessing technical risk.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and best practices.
- High level understanding of deliverables and interfaces between engineering, contracts and procurement, construction and commissioning.
- A track record of leading teams of all educational backgrounds, from degree level engineers to site level workforce such as welders and other trades.
- Ability to gain the trust and co-operation of busy operations and maintenance staff at an operating top-tier COMAH site...... click apply for full job details