Project Developer - Electrical Specialist
Location: Preferably Cardiff, London or Scotland but the right candidate could be based anywhere in the UK. Travel throughout GB is required.
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits + Company Car or Cash Allowance
Contract: Full time, Permanent - Flexible Working Patterns Available
Welsh Power is a leading developer and operator of assets designed to support the transition to a zero-carbon electricity system.
We operate in excess of 550MW of flexible gas generation assets and are one of five companies to have won a high-profile National Grid ESO stability pathfinder contract for a new stability asset to be built in South Wales.
We are an employee-owned business, investing in our culture and supporting and trusting our employees is our top priority!
This is an exciting opportunity to add electrical engineering expertise to the team and help guide the company's development strategy and efforts.
As our Project Developer - Electrical Specialist, you will:
- Analyse the existing and future electricity network and performing power systems studies to provide input into the location and electrical characteristics of new developments
- Working with OEMs (and consultants if required) to prepare transmission connection applications for a portfolio of developments
- Managing the grid connection application process for a portfolio of developments, including modification applications as required.
- Overseeing project development, procurement and Client responsibilities during construction from an electrical perspective, including scoping and overseeing (where necessary) the detailed electrical studies required in G99 and the Grid Code
- Supporting any due diligence activities
Knowledge, Skills, Attributes and Qualifications
- A degree or higher in a relevant electrical engineering discipline
- Experience running power system studies to look at, for instance, system stability, fault current or real and reactive power flows, preferably in Power Factory.
- Understanding of transient and dynamic electricity system studies.
- Experience working within a professional company or in an academic setting with direct experience of conventional and/or renewable power generation and/or transmission infrastructure preferable.
- Must be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the electricity system and effective working independently and remotely.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective working with people across different disciplines
- High level of organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a professional approach and attitude at all times.
- Will be exposed to very high level/sensitive information - confidentiality and integrity is absolutely essential.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in the following role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please...... click apply for full job details