Project Engineer - Sprinkler Systems
London and the Surrounding Area
Permanent and Full Time
Salary Estimate £32,000 - £35,000 per annum plus excellent benefits package
About the Business:
A leading fire safety consultancy and installer with a fantastic reputation for innovative fire safety solutions, covering watermist, gas suppression and sprinkler systems for a wide variety of commercial properties, including heritage sites, warehousing and commercial space across the UK, with a focus on Central London and the surrounding Home Counties. They have been trading since 2004 and grown into one of the UK's leading independent Fire Protection Consultancies.
The business provides its own design, installation, commissioning, service and maintenance functions to clients across the UK.
You will maintain and implement the flow of project work associated with mechanical based fire protection systems to ensure all technical, installation, quality and safety aspects are delivered in a timely fashion to meet with the customer requirements and in line with the company procedures.
You will work within the operations department to promote and develop the company trading position and assist with maintaining and enhancing the company profit centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as directed by company Directors and line management
- Assist with procurement of project related components
- Help evaluate and monitor market costs and update the internal documentation
- Assist with technical and commercial content throughout the project cycle
- Attend client pre and post tender meetings
- Work with Project Manager to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Carry out regular site inspections and progress update visits where required
- Allocation of labour to specific tasks in line with project requirements including customer liaison
- Complete and implement system pre-testing inspections and maintain records of installation
- Manage and update company Health & Safety documentation for site specific tasks
- Maintain flow of quality documentation during the project cycle
- Assist with development of company technical needs
- Maintain a professional approach and help develop/maintain supplier and customer relations
- Ensure compliance with the company health, safety quality, environmental and personnel policies and procedures
- Provide general administration duties on behalf of the company
- Represent the company in a professional capacity where required
- Previous experience in Sprinkler System Design and Installation projects
- This could be as a project administrator, junior engineer, project engineer, installation supervisor or similar
- A sound understanding of industry standards (perhaps certified with LPCB / FHC or FIRAS and certainly with a sound understanding of industry standards)
- Driving License is required (own vehicle preferred)
In return, you will receive a comprehensive benefits package including pension and company vehicle (expensed) and the chance to work with an established team of Fire Suppression experts on various projects in London and the surrounding areas. Notable projects have included West End Theatres, High Profile Office Space, Heritage Sites, Storage Facilities and Data Centres around the Capital.
If you are a driven Project Engineering professional with a sound understanding of Fire Suppression systems then we would love to hear from you. Apply online or contact Paul McQuade at Imperial Technical Recruitment for an informal