Imperial Professionals are delighted to announce that we are working with one of our high-profile clients to appoint a Project Manager.
This is an office-based role working for a global manufacturer to the Oil & Gas industry. Due to winning further work, they are looking to expand their team with an experienced Project Manager.
Job Title: Project Manager
Hours: Full time, general office hours
Location: County Durham
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful planning and execution of contracts from award to completion. Reporting to the Director of Projects, the Project Manager shall take charge of the successful commercial performance of the project and be the technical interface with internal and external stakeholders with an emphasis of generating repeat business.
- At contract award, take charge of project and develop execution plan into manageable work-packs, each correctly resourced and planned in accordance with project delivery schedules.
- Main point of contact for client during project execution phase.
- Responsible for managing contract costs in accordance with project budget in conjunction with Project QS and other supporting personnel.
- Responsible for identifying delay and additional costs, raise variation orders to client with support from with Project QS & Planning Engineer.
- Identify and convert opportunities for contract growth via variation to contract.
- Maintain progress status reports and lead weekly production review meetings, identify problem areas and ensure that corrective actions are initiated.
- Identify and manage risks associated with change, delay and technical issues.
- Preparation of weekly and monthly reports on progress vs plan and budgets.
- Asses the impact of and action resolution to major design changes and potential variations to contract.
- Planning, management and control of site services teams where applicable.
- Working with technical managers and directors, ensure that that technical and support resources required to meet project requirements are deployed effectively.
- Monitor performance against plan and instigate corrective actions and recovery plans as required ensuring project goals are achieved.
- Maintain a project tracker and cost variation records during project execution which will provide the basis of post contract reviews and identify critical technical and commercial issues and the methods which they were resolved.
- Act as mentor to developing Project Engineers, technical and support staff where applicable.
To be considered for this opportunity you will have:
- Demonstrable experience Project Managing large scale O&G / Offshore Wind construction projects
- Strong commercial experience
- Experience in steel fabrication, welding and site management
- The ability to build client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex project controls issues, manage conflict and provide resolution using a combination of technical skills, leadership, teamwork and people management skills
For more information on this incredible opportunity please contact Adam Pearson at Imperial Professionals.