Salary: £40.4k - £50.6k (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there is plenty of room for development within your role and further career progression?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Project Manager within our Major Works South Team. Reporting to the Construction Manager, you will be part of a small and dedicated team working alongside experienced engineers and project managers to deliver replacement projects of a complex nature, often in high-profile locations including above-ground installations.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Ensure projects are completed in a safe, productive and cost-effective manner
- Ensure contractors are working to company policies and procedures through audit
- Attend Planning meetings e.g. with Highway Authorities and coordination meetings
- To satisfy the needs of all customers and stakeholders
- Undertakes standby duties as necessary (with training being given as appropriate).
- Technical coordination and good knowledge of SCO operations
- Onsite supervision of construction activities
What you'll need
- Knowledge of the gas industry and related health and safety procedures is desirable.
- Good team leadership, coaching, organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communicators at all levels and being able to successfully engage with all stakeholders, customers, contractors and your own team.
- Flexibility with a 'can do' enthusiastic approach and strive to outperform targets.
- Experience of working in engineering or construction in the gas industry, Ideally SCO competencies in SCO 1, 2, 4 & 5 at both CP and AE level (Desirable)
- Experience in CDM and of Safety, Health and Environmental management within a project environment.
As this role will involve a significant amount of travel, you must have a valid driving license and be willing to spend time away from your primary location.
You will be expected to take part in an emergency standby rota with support and training.
If you don't have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.