Project ManagerThe world's leading specialist engineering contractor for low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) projects has an immediate need of several Project Managers to provide project management, program management and team leadership to ensure successful delivery of key customer projects in all aspects of EPC projects, including development and execution of complex engineering designs. Provide the customer with a knowledgeable and reliable point of contact during all phases of project execution. Provide consistent project reporting to group management as it relates to project cost, schedule, quality performance and customer satisfaction.
This is a hybrid role working from the Manchester office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position reports directly to the Global Manager of Projects.
- Have a firm understanding of the phased approach of engineering development as it relates to engineering execution as part of the overall project. Manage the project through all appropriate phases of execution including, but not limited to: Front End Loading, Process Development Package, Front End Engineering Design, Basic Design Package, Detailed Design and Construction Management/Support.
- Identify which key performance indicators (KPI) will most likely determine the success of the project and manage the project execution to optimise those KPI.
- Identify the project objectives as part of the planning phase with the customer and ensure that the project team is properly introduced and aligned to meet those objectives. Identify and evaluate potential changes to the project that may impact the scope, budget, and schedule, and work with engineering leads to prepare Engineering Change Notices accordingly.
- Understand the differences between various types of engineering contracts such as Lump Sum, Cost Plus, Cost Not to Exceed, Fixed Fee, and be capable of managing each type successfully.
- Review engineering budgets and schedules, and work with engineering leads to adjust such to align with the project's cost and schedule objectives.
- Identify and accurately define the necessary project deliverables to meet the customer's project requirements and engage project controls and quality control procedures to track and manage development of those deliverables. Create and maintain project change logs, needs lists and action items lists. Define, communicate, and manage project risks to ensure customer awareness of the risks as well as to prepare the engineering execution team to incorporate mitigation plans into their designs.
- Work closely with engineering leads to accurately gauge design progress to ensure timely production of deliverables and strict adherence to the project scope. Be capable of amicably resolving escalated issues that arise out of the engineering disciplines during the project. These issues may involve personnel and/or work process disputes between disciplines, design progress deficiencies, budget overruns, miscommunications between the disciplines regarding project objectives, schedule, scope, or customer management.
- Provide inputs to the Project Controls Group regarding project requirements to ensure accurate resource forecasting and planning. Ensure that the project is executed and delivered in accordance with the Group Project Execution Manual, Corporate Quality Manual and HSE policies. Work with the project scheduler and engineering leads to interactively develop the master engineering schedule, identify schedule interface points between engineering activities, customer activities, and vendors fabrication schedules in order to ensure that engineering discipline activities are properly identified and scheduled to meet the project's milestone dates. Manage the production of all customer reports while assuming responsibility for their accuracy, professional presentation, and completeness.
- Understand the project contract terms and conditions and ensure that the project is executed within the parameters therein. Ensure that project invoices are prepared and issued to the customer in accordance with the contract/project milestones.
- Have a clear understanding of standard procurement process and procedures and be capable of developing solutions to common fabrication and delivery issues.
- Relevant Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification and experience.
- UK: Chartered Engineer (Preferred);
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- 10+ years performing project work with a firm understanding and experience applying project management tools and best practices.
- experience managing large (£15m) multi-phase engineering projects.
- engineering/management experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, or renewable industries.
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills and customer face-to-face soft skills
- Close relationships with key customers, licensor personnel, and vendors
- Experience and knowledge of relevant key engineering topics are required to operate in an EPC environment.
What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.