Project Mechanical Design Engineer
Flexible UK Locations / FlexFirst Hybrid working
Salary: competitive + bonus + private healthcare + generous company benefits
Centrica Business Solutions (CBS) build, operate, and maintain clean energy assets to help customers decarbonise. This includes sourcing green energy to providing the project expertise, financing options, and industry leading operational capabilities to deliver energy efficiency and save our customers money so they can balance the demands of planet and profit.
In this role you will contribute to the delivery of sustainable, zero carbon, innovative and high-quality design solutions for mechanical building services systems. To succeed in this role, you must be confident facing clients and have working knowledge of the delivery of mechanical building services installations.
Whilst the role is flexible with regard to location and home working, it will involve UK site visits, also, the team office base is in Stockport, attendance there for meetings once or twice a month will also be required.
Your key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Producing mechanical documents (equipment specifications, schedules, reports)
- Pipework sizing calculations (for LTHW, CHW, HWS, CWS, Steam, Gas, Flue, Compressed Air, Lube Oil, etc)
- Ductwork sizing calculation
- Equipment sizing (pumps, PHEs, boilers, CHPs, heat pumps, thermal stores, buffer tanks, calorifiers, fans, AHUs, chillers, etc.)
- Control valve sizing and authority
- Heat gain/loss calculations
- Heating/cooling loads and respective profiles
- Functional Design Specifications
- Participating and contributing to HAZOP and LOPA discussions/meetings
- DSEAR assessment
- PED calculations and documentation
We believe that learning never stops and understand the need for continued personal and professional development. Centrica will support your development requirements so that you grow with the company.
For this role, ideally, your starting point is:
- To have a CIBSE / IET / IMechE Engineering Council accredited honours degree. Alternatively, an HNC in an applicable discipline with commitment to continue with higher education and to have achieved or be working towards IEng or CEng status
- Being forward thinking and passionate about design innovation
- Preferably, you will have experience across different sectors such as Building Services Design, site surveys & inspections, snagging, client & design team meetings
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent communication, with the ability to explain engineering solutions
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work you produce
- You can work using your own initiative with minimal supervision in the majority of technical aspects of your discipline