We have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Administrator to join our Purchasing team based in Billingham, this is a full-time permanent role and in return, you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience plus benefits including25 days holiday + Bank Holidays and pension scheme - 5% employer contribution.
Paralloy is situated in Billingham. We have a total 3 sites in the UK; however, we have a global footprint with agents based in all corners of the world. We are a major supplier to the petrochemical, ethylene, and syngas industries.
The company has been built on developing quality products in rapid lead times supported by a focused approach to customer service. Due to the continuous success and growth of the company, there has never been a better time to become part of our team.
We will provide training and support to allow our Purchasing Administrator to take on additional responsibilities, potentially those of a Junior Buyer.
Key responsibilities of our Purchasing Administrator once trained will include:
- Carrying out general administrative responsibilities within the purchasing department
- Managing the administration for the Purchasing Credit Card
- Raising purchase orders, following them through to completion
- Raising and processing system requisitions, ensuring they are accurate and timely
- Acting as first point of contact for any purchasing related queries, following them through to resolution e.g. late deliveries, price discrepancies
- Managing the Purchasing Tracker document, ensuring that all details are correct and up to date
- Liaising and coordinating with internal customers on a daily basis, ensuring that both parties have appropriate information and support e.g., working with our Contracts Engineers for any requisition related queries or requesting a copy of up to date drawings
- Supporting the team with first stage tender management e.g., sending drawings to potential suppliers
- Building relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Setting up new suppliers in the company procurement system
- Providing support as necessary to the Purchasing Manager, assisting with some of their duties based on fluctuations in workload and business demands
What we're looking for in our Purchasing Administrator:
- General education to GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Experience of organising, planning and allocating work tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate with all levels of seniority
- Have the ability and confidence to constructively challenge
- Highly motivated and eager to learn
- A team player
- IT literate and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of materials buying would be advantageous
- A degree and/or CIPS qualification would be advantageous
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Purchasing Administrator,then please click 'Apply' today!