Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Quality Advisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Supports the application of quality principles, measures and the quality management system across BP Seagull project. Focused on improving delivery efficiency customer satisfaction and reducing potential risks and rework whilst complying with Quality policy, standard and delivering agreed objectives.
Provide oversight from the start to end of the supply chain process through management of planned surveillance activities on suppliers and sub-supplier's. Oversight management includes attendance at selected (based on Criticality Rating/Risk) Kick-off and Pre-Production Meetings, in-process auditing, technical review of inspection reports, distribution and follow up actions with discipline Engineers and co-ordination of Engineers (Wood & BP) attendance at Factory Acceptance Tests of critical equipment.
Supports assurance of the Wood Business Management System through a structured risk-based program.
Supporting measures that ensure predictable delivery and continuous improvement using performance data to make factually based decisions. Engaging and presenting quality leads/managers with information and data to enable preventive interventions. Manage tasks and quality assignments. Delegates and oversees work of supporting staff.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Supporting all aspects of Quality across the breadth of their respective organization and the services we provide.
- Identification and regular engagement with key stakeholders to promote quality management and gathering feedback on performance.
- Support the effective planning of quality across the full scope of services under the Project Quality Plan.
- Support the implementation of the Wood Business Management System (BMS) across their organization ensuring that's its application is effective and that compliance with the system is routinely monitored, assessed and improved as necessary.
- Develop a supplier surveillance plan for the Project scope that is scalable, risk based, setting out the capability and methodology to resource the plan to support the Execute phases of the project.
- Execution of the surviellance plan, proposing resource requirement to the Project Quality Lead for approval when required to address critical areas of concern and risk. Assure surveillance activities at fabrication and construction sites to validate that equipment, materials and construction meet Project specifications.
- Conduct verification activity on as required against supplier or sub-supplier as required, identify high risk quality areas and level of attention required. Performance of oversight assurance of surveillance to ensure the requirements of approved ITP are evaluated and adhered to by supplier and/or sub-supplier.
- Co-ordinate with Project Independent Verification Body, Wood, bp to deliver the requirements of the Project verification plan in a timely manner.
- Review and submit surviellance/inspection reports, including management of punch list closeout.
- Quality issue management to include analysis and identification of trends, potential NCR's etc.
- Ensuring consistent and effective implementation of quality supporting systems across their organization (e.g., NCR, Progressive learning and Customer satisfaction systems).
- Supporting the creation of quality deliverables in support of overall work execution and in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Supporting the planning and execution of risk-based assurance plans including the escalation of significant findings to program/project leaders.
- Perform external audits on subcontractors, supplier's and sub-supplier's with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). Including audit preparation, execution and reporting.
- Where necessary, support Quality Lead within performing supply chain qualification processes required to compile Project 'Approved Supppliers List' (ASR) and required assurance or verification activities during project execution to verify compliance with Project ASR The qualification process should include risk-based capability assessments that may range from a desktop review to a site /supplier audit.
- Perform verification activity of design processes, technology readiness and design verifications against company requirements
- Verify that schedule design reviews have been completed against company requirements and any actions are captured and tracked until closed
- Monitoring and analysis of delivery performance data, regularly reporting themes and trends to quality managers/leads and undertaking intervention as required.
- As required, select and manage competent discipline site inspectors.
- Leverage bp and Wood learnings to mitigate identified risks and ensure effective implementation of agreed improvement actions.
- Capture supplier's and sub-supplier's learnings and share with bp and Wood.
- Gathering and acting upon customer feedback ensuring action is taken to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree/diploma or local equivalent in Quality management, project management or related discipline (desirable)
- Auditor qualification by recognized industry body (essential)
- Membership of CQI/ASQ Quality organizations, Project Management Institute or equivalent (desirable)
- Formal training in recognized root cause analysis techniques (essential)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 5+ years relevant experience (preferably in associated industry)
- Comprehensive understanding in industry standards (ISO 9001, ISO 19011 and associated Wood Standards)
- Proficient in the analysis of processes and data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High Level of communication skills in both written and spoked format
- Proficient in the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Excellent planner and organizer
- Analytical, problem solver and systematic thinker
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player
- Empowers others to make decisions within established parameters.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.