A long-serving Cost Consultancy are now looking to bring in a Quantity Surveyor to join their experienced team.
Despite their head office being Manchester based, they have sites all across the UK so being site based or working from home will likely be the norm with this role.
This practice pride themselves complex engineering and traditional build projects throughout the UK. Due to their versatile project list, they are open to QS's who have operated in the following fields;
- Oil & Gas
- Green energy
The key requirements for this position are ideally for those with PQS/client side experience and MRICS qualified (although working towards such qualification would also be considered).
You will be a pivotal member within the QS team and in return will be offered a very competitive package.
Some weeks you will be required for you to work away from home up to 4 days a week, but all expenses will be covered in return.
- Have strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and an interpersonal style that enables you to flourish in a direct client facing role
- Be able to chair meetings and have the leadership skills needed to lead a project team, which may sometimes include managing conflict and resolving complex issues
- Have exceptional planning and organisation skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise effectively and manage multiple demands
- Be able to work independently, make sensible judgments and decisions, and take responsibility for doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- To assist in the management of the delivery of all pre & post contract services, comprising dealing with cost variances and associated change control processes, conducting valuation processes, carrying out cost checks, producing regular cost reports, negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
- NEC3 contract knowledge
To discuss all my relevant roles in complete confidence please call Rob Haycastle at Calibre Search
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business...... click apply for full job details