Refrigeration Engineer - Permanent, 3 days per week - £45k salary (pro-rata)
This role is for a market-leading life sciences company who create, design and manufacture innovative laboratory equipment, which are supplied to academic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology research organisations.
Refrigeration Engineer Role:
Looking to recruit a hands-on Refrigeration Support Engineer for a permanent position, working 22.5 hours per week across 3 days. This role reports directly to the European Service Team Leader.
You will be enthusiastic, committed and ready to take responsibility for coordinating and managing your own time to ensure preventative maintenance and reactive service calls are prioritised. You will also be responsible for coordinating the return and repair of field returns and providing ad-hoc assistance for both manufacturing and development.
Excellent customer facing skills and a proactive and flexible approach to accommodating a varied workload are essential. The primary area served by this new position will be UK and mainland Europe and candidates should anticipate some overnight travel as part of the role.
Refrigeration Engineer Responsibilities:
- Scheduling and performing refrigeration installations, reactive repairs and preventative maintenance
- Coordinate the field return and repair of refrigeration systems
- Provide support for refrigeration related development and production activities
- Provide on-site and remote technical support for products
- Provide secondary support for non-refrigerated products
- Update the support calendar to provide advanced visibility of work schedules
- Complete RMA documentation to support the repair of field returns
- Create cases and update service related records in helpdesk system
- Create documentation/technical notes, including video recorded tutorials
- Communicating product quality issues at the monthly product quality meetings;
- Coordinate customer, distributor and peer-to-peer training.
Refrigeration Engineer Requirements:
- 5+ years' hands-on experience of working with sub-zero refrigerated systems
- FGAS certified, with a sound understanding of refrigeration principles
- Ideally possess Engineering qualifications
- Excellent people skills with a "can-do" attitude towards problem-solving
- Good understanding of Cascade systems, competent using Microsoft Excel/Word;
- Ideally with experience of using a CRM system
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both alone and within in team
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Willing/able to travel (both national and international)
- Valid passport.
This company are reputed as an excellent employer, and offer a very competitive salary, complete with an extremely generous benefits scheme.
If this role sounds of interest, then please do get in touch with Jamie at TEC Partners for more details...... click apply for full job details